Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 1, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #1,816 of 2,536
Used the medium grey silicone with silver rings as well but was not really satisfied, so l I decided to buy some round Complys. The comfort is better, but with the silver rings it's too bassy for my tastes, and without the rings less comfortable. I think have spent more time rolling tips than listening to these things.

Yes exactly same problem here. The pair initially indeed sound better when i changed. But after one, two days, i start to feel the bass is too overwhelming, and the sound is darker. Currently on travel so have to make do with the setup. I might revert back to my first setup until i get myself the Complys tips. It's not comfortable but at least i get the sound i want.

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #1,817 of 2,536
No more need to deal with scam artists on eBay. Massdrop just put the DN-1000 on the site for $160 (with 18 or more people buying of course):

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dunu-dn-1000

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,820 of 2,536
  No more need to deal with scam artists on eBay. Massdrop just put the DN-1000 on the site for $160 (with 18 or more people buying of course):

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dunu-dn-1000

The price in China has dropped from $200 to $160 already. Won't be long for that pricing to show internationally. Massdrop capitalizing on it early?

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,822 of 2,536
Yes, I have seen it get there a number of times and sometimes not. It's been offered a lot over the last year. The one I never see get there seemingly is the Dunu 2000 not that it interests me that much. Pretty happy with the 1000s.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,823 of 2,536
Is anyone who is in the UK/EU, with good enough feedback and experience able to do a DIY-ey recable? (splice up next to the strain-relief, heat shrink when finish) I would pay the fees for the raw materials ofcourse and possibly some extra for the labour costs, but could someone give me a quote on how much it would cost? 

Thanks

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #1,825 of 2,536
  Does anybody know how to make these fit a little tighter? Seems to keep dropping out, probably due to heavy cans, sound really solid though.

Over ear, and use larger (wider) tips than you'd usually use.

I just use Comply foams (T400) and have never had issues with loose fit.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #1,827 of 2,536
I have tried every types of tips and combination of rings that I can think of, and there is just no great combination for me - I have to choose between good sound and comfort. Comply TS500 were the only acceptable tips for me. Still, can't see myself using these for extended periods which is a shame since they really can sound good. Small ear canals, what can you do.

Jan 9, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #1,829 of 2,536
  Does anybody know how to make these fit a little tighter? Seems to keep dropping out, probably due to heavy cans, sound really solid though.

Don't give up just yet, in many cases provided tips in an IEM package can either be perfect or cause nothing but problems.

I suggest you try some alternative tips, maybe these ones in your size.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-Replacement-Earbuds-Tips-fit-Sony-V-Moda-Sennheiser-Ultimate-Ear-earphone-/370840522180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5657d14dc4

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,830 of 2,536

Wearing them over the ears with the earguides has helped me the most. Even in this case though they will slide out a bit every 30 min or so, but not breaking the seal. This is the case with all tips I've tried. Overall the most secure fit I've managed is with the stock clear tips. It usually takes some effort getting them out of my ears with these tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back