Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,366 of 2,536
Well, after getting my E12 in yesterday, I spent awhile with my 2 favorite cans, and realized earlier today I haven't given my 3rd favorite a try with the new amp, the DN-K.  These certainly don't seem to show the increase that the HE-400 or HD700 do with the amp, but the quality of the bass feels improved over the standard X3, but I could be imagining it.  Either way, I enjoy the sound from the X3/E12 combo, but admit its alot of gear to shove into a pocket for walks.  I think at this point I'm waiting for the X1 to come out to try as my walking DAP.  I'm hoping the amp section on that will be more than enough to make the DN-K sound good.

May 27, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #1,370 of 2,536
I got mine few days ago. I haven't got enough time to try all tips and spacers, but I found out that the red spacers and the factory transparent M tips work quite good for me and fit well. I am not fan of foam tips as they make the sound too dark IMO. The dunus are bit heavy and certainly not very comfortable. The sound is very good, but I was expecting something better as everyone was very excited about it. Anyway happy with my purchase and I hope the cable lasts long and makes all the dunu dn1k owners happy :)

May 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #1,371 of 2,536
A bit heavy?  I was using TF10s, the Dunus are light as a feather to me.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Give the sound a chance to wear in, and give yourself a chance to get used to them.  Took me more than a week to get really happy with them. I finally got rid of the spaces and just use the Complys.  

May 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #1,378 of 2,536
  Anyone paired these with the Fiio E6? I'm thinking of buying a very portable amp to enhance the audio quality a bit. My main source is the Nexus 5.

Possibly consider the Topping NX1 amp people are trying for $40.00. Some are rating it higher than E11 and preferring it to C&C BH.

I'm trying to get hold of one and will persist: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696825/40-topping-nx1-portable-headphone-amplifier

May 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,379 of 2,536
I've been rotating through most of the spacers and tips, this is my setup:

I don't really like the complys, they seem to muddle the sound and ruin the soundstage.
I prefer them "floating" in my ear canal, almost loosely, but in and snug enough to stay when walking.

I get a massive soundstage, and balanced bass with the blue spacer, at the expense of sound isolation of course.
If I used these in loud environments such as if I commuted on a train, I would probably use the complys.

What's your favourite combo?

May 29, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,380 of 2,536
JoshuaA: I like your idea.

I haven't really played around with the spacers yet - just using the red since I heard they de-emphasize the low end a bit and emphasize the high end, creating more airy sound sig. I'll have to try the other spacers and see what I think.

I did try a couple tips and settled on foamies, since they keep the DN1K in my ears the best of all the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back