Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #1,354 of 2,536
  Hey guys, I am also waiting for my pair of dn1k. :) Can't wait! How would you compare them to Shure SE315? 

Owned both - still own the DN-1000

Comfort and isolation go to the Shures by quite a big margin - they fit well, are supremely comfortably, and (for me) no issues with finding correct tips.

Sonically though the DN-1000 are superior in every way.  Better bass, better mids (especially upper mids - where the 315 was always a bit 'metallic/brittle' to me).  Much better highs.

Biggest issue with the Dunus continues to be (for me anyway) tips coming off (whilst wearing them).

I love these IEMs - but if I can't find a solution, I'll have no choice but to try something alternative (maybe the Nuforce Primo).

May 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,355 of 2,536
Does someone here use the X5 paired with the DUNU DN-1000? I'm looking for an under $150 great performer IEMs. I'm mainly for a nicely balanced sound with some good (not too much bass). Even with EQ, I find my Phonaks audeo PFE 112 a bit too flat for my likes. Any suggestions? Thanks!

May 17, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #1,360 of 2,536
  Cool, thank you guys! :) I really hope that dunus will fit good my ears :) 

Thats my biggest fear :D That they dont fit good.

Are the foam tips included comply tips or dunu's own brand? Which comply ones are they or which ones do they most closely resemble? The size is M right?

Would like to know too. Someone?

May 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,361 of 2,536
The Dunus come with a large (LARGE) grouping of tips and spacers.   Including the Complys, which seem to medium 500's.  Coming from TF 10s, a good fit is much easier to achieve .  And with all of the included tips and spacers, and the small size and light weight of these things, virtually everybody should be able to get a good fit and seal.  

Oh, and depending on tips, and what rings you use, the Dunus can be nicely bass-ey or even more so.  But they are not for baseheads.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back