Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #1,322 of 2,536
  Did anyone else find the nozzles on these to be uncomfortably wide?

Yes! The only tips that I'm comfortable with are the grey stock tips. Everything else I've tried was either too uncomfortable/tight or unable to attain proper seal.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,323 of 2,536
  Did anyone else find the nozzles on these to be uncomfortably wide?

It's one of the things my old Shures were very much better at - comfort ......

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #1,325 of 2,536
I'm using the Red/Blue comply tips personally, having a long history of issues with IEM tip comfort, and comply is the closest I've found to not being in pain using IEMs.  I enjoy the sound quite a bit, although I wish the bass was slightly more pronounced, but nothing I can't handle.  I'm also finding these IEMs handle classical better than I would have expected.  I think they make for a decent all-arounder.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,327 of 2,536
May 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #1,329 of 2,536
Agreed.  Though Monster Gel Supertips offer an interesting experience if you like bass. : )

Sorry for the DP.

Try the Auvios from Radio Shack if you're in NA. They're $5US for two pair, but the fit the barrel securely and give me a similar sound to the grays, only better.  I also ordered some Comply T400 Larges because the ones supplied were just too small to seal reliably without uncomfortably deep insertion.  I spent today listening to them, and they're just a notch below the Auvios in SQ, but offer surprising isolation.  I was sitting in my driveway, reading with them in and a car pulled up with out me even hearing.  They should be nice for planes.

I'm in Canada I couldn't find the auvios anywhere local. Those and the monster.. Are they narrow bore or wide bore? Does it add to the sibilance? The stock clear narrow bores make the sibilance so bad for me.

May 3, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #1,330 of 2,536
Thought I'd try the Auvios for the fun of it.  Got a Radio Shack a mile away and $5 is certainly affordable.  Like them so far.  Good fit, good isolation, sound is clear, a bit more bass than with my Complys using the thinnest spacer.  Using them with no spacer at all.  Might be a bit brighter than the Complys as well.  So far I've only listened to them while sitting, usually I listen while walking, tomorrow I should have a better sense of them.

I also found that Radio Shack has Comply's as well, which is a + as I've been buying them from the company via the mail.  All in all a good morning's errand.  
dt880smile.png

May 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,332 of 2,536
Depends on how you use them.  I walk with mine, so heat and sweat enter into it.  But my Complys last 4-6 months, typically, before beginning to shred a bit.

May 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #1,334 of 2,536
I'm in Canada I couldn't find the auvios anywhere local. Those and the monster.. Are they narrow bore or wide bore? Does it add to the sibilance? The stock clear narrow bores make the sibilance so bad for me.

The Auvios are wide-bore.  The Monsters are narrow.  I didn't experience sibilance with the Monsters, but others have reported it from narrow-bore tips.  My experience has been that tips of most any description can be sibilant when inserted very deeply -- I heard it worst with the supplied double-flange tips (except the giant ones).  YMMV.  

Radio Shack offers them online, and I presume they'll ship to Canada.  http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19103306&utm_source=GooglePLA&utm_medium=pla&utm_term=3300785&gclid=CJDlvvbplL4CFUne7AodBgcAAA&gclsrc=ds  

Amazon has a multi-size variety pack.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B007Z7YEVC/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

With the Dunus, I found I needed the biggest tips to get a reasonably shallow insertion, while I usually use medium tips for a deep insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back