Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
May 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #1,339 of 2,536
Would love to hear that comparison, too.

I love the TDK IE800, but find the bore width to irritate my ear canals after about an hour. 

It seems like most IEMs that include a dynamic driver seem to have the "bullet" shape and wide bores.  :frowning2:
Can't decide which one. In my country, ie800 are priced for about 80 bucks (don't like the design though), but I really want to try DNK.

May 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #1,340 of 2,536
Can't decide which one. In my country, ie800 are priced for about 80 bucks (don't like the design though), but I really want to try DNK.

I don't know what your preferences are, but the IE800 may not have enough bass for your taste.  I give mind a slight EQ bump in the bass region. 

The TDK IEMs are some of the best value in audio, IMO. 

May 7, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,342 of 2,536
Hi guys,

Any comparison between Westone UM Pro 30 and DN-1000?

Thanks! :)

May 8, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #1,343 of 2,536
I ordered the IRIVER U10 again in hand Second, I had it two years ago and is broken , I want to say this player beat the SANSA CLIP easy, who is not heard the IRIVER U10 on EQ does not know what is good bass and what is sound detailed and  Separation.I'm Not sure that everyone will like the IRIVER U10 because he was not bright and not warm and no Support FLAC music, but I prefer it for now to any other player I've heard with dunu dn1000, I need to hear it a lot to be sure if I prefer it even on DX50 but IMO the bass and detail clearly better.

May 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,344 of 2,536
  Thought I'd try the Auvios for the fun of it.  Got a Radio Shack a mile away and $5 is certainly affordable.  Like them so far.  Good fit, good isolation, sound is clear, a bit more bass than with my Complys using the thinnest spacer.  Using them with no spacer at all.  Might be a bit brighter than the Complys as well.  So far I've only listened to them while sitting, usually I listen while walking, tomorrow I should have a better sense of them.

I also found that Radio Shack has Comply's as well, which is a + as I've been buying them from the company via the mail.  All in all a good morning's errand.  
dt880smile.png

Just like the Sony Hybrids, these worked great for a week or so and then started having fit issues.  Maybe it's because I use them while walking, but the material starts to lose its grip.  I find I have to keep pushing them in my ear or wet them to get a good seal.  If they don't fit snugly, they lose the bass and get a bit thin.  I've gone back to the Complys.  I suppose if you listen while not exercising, they would work (or maybe it's just me and my ears).  

May 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #1,345 of 2,536
I generally use an inexpensive IEM that'll stay in place when I'm doing anything intensive.  As much as its a drop in sound quality, the meelec m6 has never done me wrong in that circumstance.

May 11, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,346 of 2,536
I picked up a pair of nicely burned-in DN1Ks and am wondering if anyone has tried changing dampers in these? If so, could you please report which dampers these use and which dampers you preferred. I've got a variety of 2.08mm knowles dampers on the way to replace missing/broken dampers in my DBA-02 and mod my AX35 and might play with the DN1K if the scampers aren't to hard to get to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back