Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Nov 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #286 of 2,536
I personally feel I can alter the presentation quite a bit with different (and after market) tips. There's a particular tip from Vmoda (or eBay branded Vmoda) that creates quite a bit if air for me. So much so I found them more airy than H-200. However, since changing to the tips Dunu provided.the ones with reinforcement inside, I lost most of the air and stage closed in a little. There was also a fairly dramtic change in bass responce between the two as well. I still use the Dunu tips for now. I honestly think the DN-1000 are great, I sold my H-200. They're long gone. :wink:

Btw: I forgot to mention I use the red rings, I don't bother changing them, I also worry about losing them considering the tips don't really have a lip on the nozzle to lock/grab onto.

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #287 of 2,536
I personally feel I can alter the presentation quite a bit with different (and after market) tips. There's a particular tip from Vmoda (or eBay branded Vmoda) that creates quite a bit if air for me. So much so I found them more airy than H-200. However, since changing to the tips Dunu provided.the ones with reinforcement inside, I lost most of the air and stage closed in a little. There was also a fairly dramtic change in bass responce between the two as well. I still use the Dunu tips for now. I honestly think the DN-1000 are great, I sold my H-200. They're long gone.
wink.gif

Btw: I forgot to mention I use the red rings, I don't bother changing them, I also worry about losing them considering the tips don't really have a lip on the nozzle to lock/grab onto.

Tips alter many things with the IEM system.  They can alter insertion depth, seal strength, or even whether or not you get a seal at all.  These will result in a huge change in sound.  I'm actually using the same tips you are, the re-enforced, darker silicone single-flange tips.  And I'll report the same findings.  The seal is stronger and better overall resulting in a thicker sound as opposed to the clear silicone that the DN-1000 come with.  

I'm using the blue rings right now.  

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #289 of 2,536
Do yourself a favour and don't use them, they're rather small and appear like they'll just cause problems to me. Imagine they were never included and continue wearing them over the ear.

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #290 of 2,536
Folks is DUNU I-5C Balanced Armature Earphones (Voice of China Edition) is the same as Dunu DN-1000? the website review pointed to this??

http://www.digital852.com/products/dunu-i-5c-balanced-armature-earphones-voice-of-china-edition

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #292 of 2,536
  Folks is DUNU I-5C Balanced Armature Earphones (Voice of China Edition) is the same as Dunu DN-1000? the website review pointed to this??

http://www.digital852.com/products/dunu-i-5c-balanced-armature-earphones-voice-of-china-edition

They shouldn't be...  The DN-1000 has a dynamic driver in it as well as BAs... The I-5C only has BAs.

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #293 of 2,536

Will there be any wear and tear from doing this since they do not have the bendable material near the earbud like some other IEMs? 

You're talking about the rather short strain reliefs on the housings. I think if anything allowing them to move freely is better then them forcefully pulling in the direction of the earloop mould constantly. What you want to do is wear over them over the ear (without the hoops) and pull the little cable cinch up closer to your chin ,this will steady the wire over your ears.

Like this young fashionable lady. She's got the right idea.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #297 of 2,536

DN-1000 all the way for this one.  They offer a little more intimacy than the H-200 while maintaining detail, energy and imaging.  Additionally, the H-200 quite a bit more airy/clinical compared to the DN-1000.  I feel the 1000s are a warmer H-200.  The treble is also less peaky XD

Sounds like a winner to me, though I might still hold off for d marc0's impressions.

Also, just out of curiosity, what would I be looking at spending to get the next major jump in sound quality over the DN1000? Something like the Grado GR10?

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #298 of 2,536
DN-1000 is absolutely a triple hybrid.
The new DN-900 is dual hybrid.
Personally I think DN-1000 is even better than the more expensive Astrotec AX-60, though the latter actually is a little bit better at anything except musicality.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #299 of 2,536
DN-1000 is absolutely a triple hybrid.
The new DN-900 is dual hybrid.
Personally I think DN-1000 is even better than the more expensive Astrotec AX-60, though the latter actually is a little bit better at anything except musicality.

AX60 is a bit more detailed, bigger soundstage, and better bass - though it is definitely not $200 differences.

I personally enjoy DN-1000 more, biggest reason is that I can't get AX60 to fit and seal comfortably in my ear, and AX60's cable is not to my liking

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #300 of 2,536
Can someone compare it with GR07 and GR01?
Does it go well with metal and hard rock?
I have one GR07 mkI and although I love to listen to acoustics (Kiss, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant) on this ones, I kind of fell they lack a little bit of guitars.
Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back