Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Feb 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #902 of 2,536

Yes I have mate, above the Y spilt. I thought it was how I was storing them,

Mine are still pretty good - but it does remain the one 'concern' I have with the Dunus.  I don't want a replaceable cable for an aftermarket option.  I simply wnat a replacement cable so that if the worst happens (cable breakage), the fix is easy and inexpensive .....

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #903 of 2,536

Mine are still pretty good - but it does remain the one 'concern' I have with the Dunus.  I don't want a replaceable cable for an aftermarket option.  I simply wnat a replacement cable so that if the worst happens (cable breakage), the fix is easy and inexpensive .....

I want an aftermarket cable, :) But of course the long life span as detachable cables give the buyer a feeling of good investment, something H-200 had. We might be pushing it at Dunu's asking price (which is already excellent value for money) though I would pay a little more for that option. Plus I think those chrome housings would like pretty special with a fancy eye catching cable on them.  

I've been meaning to ask you Brooko, how did the DN-1000 pair with X5? Was it a good match? 

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #904 of 2,536
Cable's still supple on my DN-1000. I hope it stays that way... it'll be such a loss if it is in fact its weak point.

Feb 15, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #906 of 2,536
  I want an aftermarket cable, :) But of course the long life span as detachable cables give the buyer a feeling of good investment, something H-200 had. We might be pushing it at Dunu's asking price (which is already excellent value for money) though I would pay a little more for that option. Plus I think those chrome housings would like pretty special with a fancy eye catching cable on them.  

I've been meaning to ask you Brooko, how did the DN-1000 pair with X5? Was it a good match? 

I was expecting the worst when I read Fiio's recommendation of 30-150ohm as preferred range - but was very pleasantly surprised.  I think it's the extremely low headphone out impedance that is the secret.  it just lets the Dunu 'do it's thing', and stays out of it's way.  I thought they matched extremely well.  

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #908 of 2,536

Quote:

Absolutely. U2 powers the DN1000 easily.

And the BE had better micro details but the DN1k has deeper bass and better soundstage.

Your U2 the async version?

Is it a big upgrade from an integrated soundcard? Or from a Fuze/Clip/iPhone 4/5? (these are on similar level)
I saw you have Clip, could you compare (or with iPhone)?
thanks, its a great help.

Feb 15, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #909 of 2,536
  Speaking of the cable, has anyone else found them getting a bit stiff towards the top?

it is to some degree, but compared to aftermarket pure coppers, the Dunu's is as soft as silk... 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #910 of 2,536
Just bought these for my portable setup. You guys think that the iPod classic latest gen would be a decent source for it? Or should I carry around my e07k?

Also has anybody heard the eph-100, gr07be and se215 that could compare em to the dn-1000?

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #911 of 2,536
Just bought these for my portable setup. You guys think that the iPod classic latest gen would be a decent source for it? Or should I carry around my e07k?

Also has anybody heard the eph-100, gr07be and se215 that could compare em to the dn-1000?

If it matters to you, the iPod will have a pretty audible hiss with the DN 1000. I use my E 17 to eliminate hiss and deepen the soundstage.

Read a couple pages prior to this one for comparisons to the GR 07BE and EPH100.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #912 of 2,536
If it matters to you, the iPod will have a pretty audible hiss with the DN 1000. I use my E 17 to eliminate hiss and deepen the soundstage.

Read a couple pages prior to this one for comparisons to the GR 07BE and EPH100.

Is it a big upgrade from an integrated soundcard? Or from a Fuze/Clip/iPhone 4/5? (these are on similar level)

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #913 of 2,536

Yes it is. I haven't sat down and compared to any of those side-by-side. I can this coming week, but realize it's sort of like apples to oranges. I'll be comparing a laptop with USB DAC to a budget DAP and cell phone.

it would probably be just as helpful to you to read up on the sound quality opinions of the iPhone and the clip separately.

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #914 of 2,536
Thanks!

I have clip and iPhone (they are similar in quality), and I just would like to know if that invesment would worth the price :)
If you could compare them, it would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back