Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Feb 16, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #917 of 2,536
Just bought these for my portable setup. You guys think that the iPod classic latest gen would be a decent source for it? Or should I carry around my e0
Also has anybody heard the eph-100, gr07be and se215 that could compare em to the dn-1000?

Use LOD cable (fiio L3/L9) than 3.5mm HO........you will hear the difference.

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #921 of 2,536
Just bought these for my portable setup. You guys think that the iPod classic latest gen would be a decent source for it? Or should I carry around my e07k?

Also has anybody heard the eph-100, gr07be and se215 that could compare em to the dn-1000?

Absolutely fine to me - my 2 main sources are the Classic and my iPhone 4s

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #922 of 2,536
Just bought these for my portable setup. You guys think that the iPod classic latest gen would be a decent source for it? Or should I carry around my e07k?

I would say DN1K > GR07-BE > EPH-100 > SE215. @the same time being a single dynamic driver gr07be is a serious contender to triple hybrid dn1k, though they are different under the hood.BUT GR07 is the king of the IEM of its own for a single DD with its price tag. ALL- ROUNDER.

On a side note, CL dacs on current classic lineups sounds really good using LODs bypassing builtin HP amp. A different sound signature to older ipod classic's WM dacs.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #923 of 2,536
I would say DN1K > GR07-BE > EPH-100 > SE215. @the same time being a single dynamic driver gr07be is a serious contender to triple hybrid dn1k, though they are different under the hood.BUT GR07 is the king of the IEM of its own for a single DD with its price tag. ALL- ROUNDER.

On a side note, CL dacs on current classic lineups sounds really good using LODs bypassing builtin HP amp. A different sound signature to older ipod classic's WM dacs.

What do you mean? Classic to LOD then how do I connect to my headphones? Of I use my e07k it doesn't use the DAC portion only the amp. It sounds pretty good this way but using the DAC portion (with a PC) sounds much better.

Thanks for your opinion on those iems can you compare bass levels.?

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #925 of 2,536
What do you mean? Classic to LOD then how do I connect to my headphones? Of I use my e07k it doesn't use the DAC portion only the amp. It sounds pretty good this way but using the DAC portion (with a PC) sounds much better.

well, if im not misread or mistaken, you asked for whether current classic will be a good source to use with? and since you already own the e07k i recommended to buy just the LOD cable to use e07k just as an amp.

And now, do you have the classic now? If no then get fiio X3. If yes, get the LOD cable like I posted before.......

Are you gonna buy the other three iems?

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #926 of 2,536
Someone tried to compare dunu dn1000 vs vc1000? I saw one opinion that the VC is better

Sure I've heard the VC1000, it's quite a capable dual balanced armature, though the soundstage was quite narrow and depending on preference lacks a little in the low end. VC1000 is still a good value for money product though the Dunu is more fun sounding.

It has the power of 'hybrid' thriving through its viens. :wink:

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #927 of 2,536
  Someone tried to compare dunu dn1000 vs vc1000? I saw one opinion that the VC is better

Though VC1000 is no slouch, I like Dunu much better as it is a lot more fun, depends on what the sound preference is, if you like your bass to be neutral, then VC1000 might be for you, otherwise, for just a fun, ear-to-ear-smiling-while-tapping-your-foot-repeatedly listening session, then Dunu will be the one 
wink_face.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #928 of 2,536
Though VC1000 is no slouch, I like Dunu much better as it is a lot more fun, depends on what the sound preference is, if you like your bass to be neutral, then VC1000 might be for you, otherwise, for just a fun, ear-to-ear-smiling-while-tapping-your-foot-repeatedly listening session, then Dunu will be the one :wink_face:

I find with different sources I can alter the bass response a fair amount. Mostly because of slight low end roll-off present in Colorfly C3 and Rocco BA. (which shouldn't be there). If however I want to listen to EDM like right now for instance I use the Sony NWZ-F806, or Sansa Clip Zip which give the Dunu basically thier honest frequency response, for acoustic or pop music I'll use an alternative. Of course not everyone can do this, just using the DAPs faults to an advantage. The bass DN -1000 produce with Sansa Clip Zip is pretty fun, a little loose but knows how to party, you can clearly hear the mids and treble pushing over the dynamic driver. The beauty of a well designed hybrid, you should be able to hear the two different driver types blending together as one. Like a different sound all together than either dynamic or BA IEM on it's own.

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #929 of 2,536
well, if im not misread or mistaken, you asked for whether current classic will be a good source to use with? and since you already own the e07k i recommended to buy just the LOD cable to use e07k just as an amp.

And now, do you have the classic now? If no then get fiio X3. If yes, get the LOD cable like I posted before.......

Are you gonna buy the other three iems?

No no I have the classic, the lod, and the e07k. I've bought the dn-1000 but haven't received yet. Not buying other ones, unless I'm really not satisfied.

I do not wanna carry around an amp but I might have to if it makes a big difference.

Feb 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #930 of 2,536
No no I have the classic, the lod, and the e07k. I've bought the dn-1000 but haven't received yet. Not buying other ones, unless I'm really not satisfied.

I do not wanna carry around an amp but I might have to if it makes a big difference.

I see. Well dn1k is an awesome triple hybrid iem. And that LOD'ed classic with E07K is an excellent combination. You will hear all these 3 's potential fully revealed......provided proper ear tips(stock/after-market/foamies),o ring ,flat eq combinations.....since it has a dynamic driver burn-in for about 50-100hrs before arriving a conclusion bout sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back