DUNU DK-3001 PRO - 2nd Generation 4 BA + Beryllium Dynamic Driver & Quick Switch Connector Cable
Jun 2, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #121 of 190
Is anyone having any issues with comfort with these? I love the sound but can't wear them for more than 30 minutes without experincing a good deal of discomfort. I've tried an assortment of tips but nothing seems to alleviate the pain. Any recommendation(s) for something with a similar sound signature and a more conventional fit?

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #122 of 190
Is anyone having any issues with comfort with these? I love the sound but can't wear them for more than 30 minutes without experincing a good deal of discomfort. I've tried an assortment of tips but nothing seems to alleviate the pain. Any recommendation(s) for something with a similar sound signature and a more conventional fit?
when I first on IEM, I don't like the tight feeling in ear. If you are new on IEM, you may need some times to get use to it.
Or you may need to try more tips to find right ones for your ears.
For me, I am experimenting to use different size tips on left and right recently to see if I can have both sides fit the same.
Good luck.

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #123 of 190

I had some issues with fit with the similar-housed DK-2001. After tip after tip, I ended up using SS-sized Spinfits. Voila!No pain. I normally use medium tips. I hope that is helpful.

Maybe the Fiio FH7 would be worth researching?

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #124 of 190
I had some issues with fit with the similar-housed DK-2001. After tip after tip, I ended up using SS-sized Spinfits. Voila!No pain. I normally use medium tips. I hope that is helpful.

Maybe the Fiio FH7 would be worth researching?

I actually just threw on some Final E medium tips and haven’t had any noticeable discomfort in the past hour! I might give those Spinfits a try to. Crazy how much tips can affect the overall fit and sound.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #125 of 190
I actually just threw on some Final E medium tips and haven’t had any noticeable discomfort in the past hour! I might give those Spinfits a try to. Crazy how much tips can affect the overall fit and sound.

Good to hear.:fingers_crossed: It works for you.
It is pretty crazy. And I used to rarely tip roll...

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #127 of 190
Very happy with them. They are very comfortable, the cable is amazing. Although I would like the treble to be higher.

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #128 of 190
Just got my new (to me) set in. Just to get a quick listen, I grabbed my settings for my Fiio FH5 and bumped up the low end, on my Radsone ES100 MKI

Listening to "Yesterday" (remastered) on Spotify. I think I'm done with my fullsized headphones :ksc75smile:

Can't wait to get home and try the DK-3001 Pros on my Monolith 788

Dunu DK3001 pro.jpg

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #132 of 190
Hi. Has anyone tested the 3001 Pro against the FiiO FH7?
Yes, BGGAR (AKA hawaiibadboy); he favors the DK-3001 Pro. In the comments, BGGAR and followers are of the mind that his FH7s maybe defective; as his findings on the FH7 differ so vastly from others.

I'll be comparing the DK-3001 Pro to the Fiio FH5 in a few days, (then when they get here) to the DK-2001.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #134 of 190
Radsone ES100: balanced, 38% volume, Q factor set to narrow
Dunu DK3001 Pro EQc.jpg
1592576310382.png

If I wasn't doing an A/B of the two contenders, I would be happy owning either set.

Fiio FH5
What the TFZ No. 3 wishes it could be. Goes lower than the DK-3001 Pro, you get that visceral sensation in your chest. But unlike the No.3, the recovery is quicker/cleaner
Instruments are more prevalent vs. the DK-3001 Pro favoring the vocals. This is not to say that the vocals are veiled, to the point of being overshadowed by the instruments; they just take one step back, when compared to the DK-3001 Pro.

Dunu DK-3001 Pro
You get into the sub bass and they have a quick/clean recovery. The Fiio FH5 just takes you a few hz lower, into that basshead nirvana of chest thumping.
Vocals are more forward, with a hint more timbre

P.S.
If I was testing on my desktop rig, I'm confident that someone with a better acuity for Peace/APO EQ could get the two IEMs to match up closer on the timbre of the vocals.

Jun 27, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #135 of 190
Radsone ES100: balanced, 38% volume, Q factor set to narrow

If I wasn't doing an A/B of the two contenders, I would be happy owning either set.

Fiio FH5
What the TFZ No. 3 wishes it could be. Goes lower than the DK-3001 Pro, you get that visceral sensation in your chest. But unlike the No.3, the recovery is quicker/cleaner
Instruments are more prevalent vs. the DK-3001 Pro favoring the vocals. This is not to say that the vocals are veiled, to the point of being overshadowed by the instruments; they just take one step back, when compared to the DK-3001 Pro.

Dunu DK-3001 Pro
You get into the sub bass and they have a quick/clean recovery. The Fiio FH5 just takes you a few hz lower, into that basshead nirvana of chest thumping.
Vocals are more forward, with a hint more timbre

P.S.
If I was testing on my desktop rig, I'm confident that someone with a better acuity for Peace/APO EQ could get the two IEMs to match up closer on the timbre of the vocals.
Interesting.... I'm trying to figure out my next set. The DK3001 pro was on my "list" whereas the fh5 want really on my radar besides knowing of it's existence, as fh7 is more comparable).
Seems strange the 10mm polymer driver in the fh5 can keep up with the 13 mm bery in the 3001....

You used any Eq to compensate? In theory the 13 mm bery should go lower and be more powerful....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back