DUNU DK-3001 PRO - 2nd Generation 4 BA + Beryllium Dynamic Driver & Quick Switch Connector Cable
Jan 9, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #76 of 190
Hawiibadboy says the 3001 Pro it's the best of the DK series. I live the Turquoise DK-2001 but it's not available yet.
The guy is a great reviewer but sometimes he is over excited. But to be honest this can be an amazing pair. Looking forward to buy it.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #77 of 190
Out of the 8 IEM's i purchased ranging from $60 to $1300, this was by far the best pick up of 2019

Great clarity in the entire frequency range, especially the deep / clean extended bass (takes the bass boost on Q5s + iCan Pro like a champ)

Solid metal construction and an awesome cable that lets lets me connect to my various 4.4 / 2.5 / 3.5 / 6.3 dac / amps

btw props to HiFiGo, i was hesitant to buy from an overseas source but they were super easy and responsive to deal with, accommodated my last minute request

great experience overall, highly recommend both the iem and HiFiGo

(not paid or even asked by them to say this, just sharing a legit good buying experience)

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #78 of 190

The video is waaaay too long, so I'll just bottomline-it for everyone.... the DK-3001 PRO is the "Winner by knockout!" (at 25:00 in the video).

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #79 of 190
... 25 minutes is a lot, 10 seconds of direct comparison are enough to determine the victory 3001pro!!! :ksc75smile:
4 months, and I do not want to part with them, I have not had this before, this is really one of my most successful acquisitions in several years

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #81 of 190
https://crinacle.com/2020/01/21/dunu-dk-3001-pro-unboxing/

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS
  • Somewhat neutral signature with a tilt towards warmth.
  • Not the cleanest bass but can definitely extend down very nicely, with proper authority expected of a DD.
  • Tonally correct for the most part, no complaints here.
  • Biggest dealbreaker IMO: treble extension. Virtually no air in the mix and makes everything sound a little dull and bland in comparison to my other “technically proficient” sets.
  • Vastly prefer the DK-3001 Pro over the DK-4001.
DK3001-Pro-768x373.jpg

Not really sure what Crin is taking about saying that their treble extension is weak and that they sound a little dull. :thinking: I had the exact opposite impression when I heard them.

Gotta love/hate this crazy hobby! :sweat_smile:

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #82 of 190

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS
  • Not the cleanest bass but can definitely extend down very nicely, with proper authority expected of a DD.
  • Biggest dealbreaker IMO: treble extension. Virtually no air in the mix and makes everything sound a little dull and bland in comparison to my other “technically proficient” sets.

Not really sure what Crin is taking about saying that their treble extension is weak and that they sound a little dull. :thinking: I had the exact opposite impression when I heard them.

It has the 3kHz, 5k, and 8k treble, but the graph shows nothing in between each.

He probably finds those spots more important.

Also if you take the 2k spot as the bottom most line-of-reference, then those "nothing" spots drop below that relative base line.

If you look at Crinacle's favorite Sony z1r. Even when the treble drops, it never goes under that 2khz peak.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #83 of 190
This isn't the first time the DK-3001 PRO has been measured. Jude measured it for the CanJam Shanghai show back in November. Here are the results:
VLC_Screenshot-2020-01-22-18h54m20s599.png VLC_Screenshot-2020-01-22-18h54m53s711.png

There are some differences between these results and Crinacle or BGGAR's, but in general they are similar, and the general resonant peaks line up. The major difference (though not the only), is that Jude's calibrated high-resolution GRAS system shows a less defined 8 kHz peak and less of a dramatic drop-off between 8 kHz and 16 kHz. This is likely due to the changes that GRAS made to the RA0402 relative to the old RA0045 (on which most generic ear simulators are based).

Additionally, as a word of note, BGGAR and Crinacle both received their units from a third party retailer, so this publicity effort is not from us. Certainly, we welcome any critique (or praise) and try to build atop our products.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Jan 22, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #84 of 190
This isn't the first time the DK-3001 PRO has been measured. Jude measured it for the CanJam Shanghai show back in November. Here are the results:

There are some differences between these results and Crinacle or BGGAR's, but in general they are similar, and the general resonant peaks line up. The major difference (though not the only), is that Jude's calibrated high-resolution GRAS system shows a less defined 8 kHz peak and less of a dramatic drop-off between 8 kHz and 16 kHz. This is likely due to the changes that GRAS made to the RA0402 relative to the old RA0045 (on which most generic ear simulators are based).

Additionally, as a word of note, BGGAR and Crinacle both received their units from a third party retailer, so this publicity effort is not from us. Certainly, we welcome any critique (or praise) and try to build atop our products.
Dunu topsounds FTW!!!!:-D

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #85 of 190

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

To my ears, the DUNU DK-3001 PRO's treble is more consistent with your impressions, @XERO1. I find its treble extension very good -- it's pretty sparkly actually. I'm getting plenty of shimmer and air. (I'm listening to the DK-3001 PRO right now.)

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #86 of 190
To my ears, the DUNU DK-3001 PRO's treble is more consistent with your impressions, @XERO1. I find its treble extension very good -- it's pretty sparkly actually. I'm getting plenty of shimmer and air. (I'm listening to the DK-3001 PRO right now.)

By air he means the unnecessary treble past 8k, that gives a airy subtle white noise sensation. For iems it can help emulate an open soundstage since iems are physically closed.

He wasn't referring to the sparkle of the treble.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #87 of 190
By air he means the unnecessary treble past 8k, that gives a airy subtle white noise sensation. For iems it can help emulate an open soundstage since iems are physically closed.

He wasn't referring to the sparkle of the treble.

I've been around a while. I think I know air.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #88 of 190
It also comes from the 4Khz-7Khz spots where the Dunu dips.

Crinacle has iems on standby without those dips for comparison.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #89 of 190
No, I think I need to clarify. It also comes from the 4Khz-7Khz spots where the Dunu dips.

Crinacle has iems on standby without those dips for comparison.

I'll clarify, too: I'm not reviewing a measurement (his or mine), I'm giving a subjective impression.

We have a few other IEMs around the office, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back