Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Apr 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #406 of 543
Sonically they are one of the best I have in my total collection. For me the ergonomics are they only thing stopping them being daily drivers. I'm hoping at some stage DUNU adopt same signature in a more ergonomic shell. Practically end-game then :)

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #408 of 543
Does any one use the DK3001 for their DX200 here? how do you like this combo?

I find the combo to be very good!

Excellent timing for DK-3001 from DX200 wit its AMP1, and its AMP 5 makes things even better adding more depth to music.

BTW, Falcon-C from Dunu is even more comfy than DK-3001 and it is actually a very comfy IEM in my book!

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #409 of 543
Yep, I agree too. The DK3001 isn't getting the recognition it deserves. I have a feeling people may have been put off by the comfort issues that were mentioned in the early reviews. I was getting hotspots after a couple of hours but with the right tips and placement, it's not an issue and the sound is amazing.

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #410 of 543
Yep, I agree too. The DK3001 isn't getting the recognition it deserves. I have a feeling people may have been put off by the comfort issues that were mentioned in the early reviews. I was getting hotspots after a couple of hours but with the right tips and placement, it's not an issue and the sound is amazing.

Also, spinfit tips are really important with DK-3001, it really helps with comfort in my experience.

I think that I'm one of the few who didn't get much comfort issues with them.

I found 2-3 IEMs that I do have comfort issues with yesterday though, so not everything is going to be absolutely comfortable for everyone, but somehow DK-3001 really isn't quite that uncomfy for me.

Dunu made Falcon-C sit like a heavenly IEM in everyone's ears, so I think that a DK-4001 (or how it will be named), will be a great IEM :)

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #412 of 543
Do the Falcon-C and the 3001 differ a lot in SQ, staging etc. ? (Im using Fidue A73 at the moment and are looking for an upgrade).

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/04/Dunu-Falcon-C-Clear-Vivid-Personal.html

Dunu Falcon-C vs Dunu DK-3001 - Probably the most important comparison there, Falcon-C is very capable and holds its ground nicely when compared to the mighty DK-3001. The difference in detail is there, but Falcon-C is able to hold its ground. Most notable, DK-3001 has an edge in naturalness and clarity, but the comfort is worlds apart on falcon-C, which is a really comfortable IEM, where DK-3001 was a little less comfy for some users. The number of accessories included with each is amazing by itself, both DK-3001 and Falcon-C coming with a wide range of tips and other interesting accessories, but DK-3001 comes with both a single ended cable, and a Balanced cable, where DK-3001 comes only with a single ended cable. The cable quality is great on both, but for Falcon-C, the ergonomics of the cable feel one step forward, as DK-3001 had solid ear hooks parts, where it needed to take the shape of the ear, where Falcon-C has a flexible part in that area, resulting in better overall fit and comfort. The tuning is slightly different as DK-3001 was less V-shaped, where Falcon-C has more treble and a little thicker bass, with a slowe bass and a slightly more treble around the 7-8 kHz area. The price difference is not quite that small, but each of Dunu's offerings feel priced well for their abilities, and as many people loved DK-3001 for their incredible sound and overall quality at that price, Falcon-C is even more impressive at its price.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #414 of 543
Thanks! So the Falcon-C is really great for its price but the 3001 is a step up (or two) right?

Absolutely

DK-3001 is clearly the better IEM here, but you'd be really amazed by how much the good old little Falcon-C can do for its very friendly price point. Both are rather amazing, but Falcon-C is hitting more of a sweet spot in both comfort and price, although if you want the superior sound, DK-3001 surely does that :)

May 2, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #417 of 543
Wich tips did you find the most comfortable? I found that the best way is to not introduce too much the tip to the ear canal. And find the way to not touch the cable with your ears. Thats why people prefeer spinfits i think, because it favors this type of insertion, but im wearing the defaults one.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #418 of 543
Wich tips did you find the most comfortable? I found that the best way is to not introduce too much the tip to the ear canal. And find the way to not touch the cable with your ears. Thats why people prefeer spinfits i think, because it favors this type of insertion, but im wearing the defaults one.
The large default white ones work best for me.

May 3, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #419 of 543
I was heavily considering this from a redditor but I don't want to take the risk of having comfort issues. Heard they sound really good for the price, though.

May 15, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #420 of 543
Tried every conceivable tip and finally decided to try the ‘spacer’ idea in one of the earlier posts in this thread. That did the trick. Am finally a happy camper. I can now fully appreciate what so many you have been raving about :ksc75smile:

Could you explain what trick is that please? For me the best tips are the large grey ones, but a little to big I think. The M white tips are to small for me, and the L size to large. Also considering the Symbio or Spiral Dots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back