1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA

Tags:
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last
  1. phthora
    I certainly don't understand it. It's got a number of very positive reviews and by some of the big names on Head-Fi. DUNU seems like a fairly well-known brand with several critically acclaimed IEMs under their belt already. It's aesthetically appealing and doesn't have any annoying catches like proprietary cables. The price is high enough to make people think twice, but it is competitive for what you get. It's even cheaper than some of the other Chi-Fi flagships in the same ballpark, like the Simgot EM5 of iBasso IT04, both at $500. Shenzhen Audio will even give you a discount most of the time, just for asking for one. Comfort issues are valid, but people are really missing out on a great earphone worrying about a relatively minor issue. Personally, I find them very comfortable, but I guess I am lucky in that regard.

2. Dobrescu George
    I think that the fact that all reviewers mentioned possible fit issues wasn't a very strong positive for it (?)

Dunu clearly changed that with Falcon-C, and I'm fairly sure that future models like DN4001 will not present any fit issues either.

3. cfc7
    Any news about DK-4001?
    Will it be realased anymore?

4. phthora
    I've heard that they were floating a prototype around some trade shows recently, but who knows if that means anything.

5. Dobrescu George
    Yes. My data says that they are going to release it before the end of this year :)

6. PixelSquish
    Yeah it's weird. They fit me perfect as well but people should at least try them if they don't have small ears perhaps. All the reviews say they sound like buds that are far more $$. People are missing out!

7. PixelSquish
    Rendering of the Dunu 4001's from their twitter account

[​IMG]

Dobrescu George likes this.
  8. crabdog
    Yeah, it looks great but much closer to the shape of the DK-3001 than I was expecting. After the comfort concerns they had with the 3001 I thought they would go with a different form factor. I guess we'll have to wait for some feedback to learn what the fit is like.

9. phthora
    What are you trying to pull? Those clearly say "nune"... :laughing:

Maybe they have rounded off that sharp rim around the edges. That might be enough to alleviate people's discomfort. I was really hoping the body of these IEMs would have less of a tuna can shape...

10. Dobrescu George
    The only large issue witj |DK-3001 was with the inner ridge which was too sharp, if DK-4K doesn't have that, and if it has a etter angle for the bore, it will all be okay.

11. digititus
    My data says September / October :L3000:

12. meegja
  13. subguy812
    Inner ridge was not the ONLY issue with the comfort there is another ridge on the outside.

I for one am excited about their next offering because the sound was superb on the the DK-3001. People are missing out and if you could purchase some place with a liberal return policy, they truly are worth the try.

14. casper3127
    The DK3001s, comfortwise, definitely with their "aftermarket cable", improve a lot . The trick -at least for me- is to put on the Dunus a tip bigger in size than your average one so that the sealing is carried out in the outer part of the ear, avoiding the direct contact between iem and body. There should be no deep insertion of the earphone when used with a bigger tip (in my case a SpinFit L Size). In this way, I can wear (and enjoy) them for hours.

crabdog and phthora like this.
  15. subguy812
    Agreed...I used the same workaround, but I did not have the aftermarket cable.

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36
Next

Last