Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
May 22, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #421 of 543
Could you explain what trick is that please? For me the best tips are the large grey ones, but a little to big I think. The M white tips are to small for me, and the L size to large. Also considering the Symbio or Spiral Dots.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Essentially, the idea is to prevent each eartip from being pushed all the way to the housing of the earphone, thus enabling a deeper fit in the ear. I would post a pic, but my guerilla solution is hideous and I’m ashamed to show it.

Jun 5, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #422 of 543
I never really noticed until today how well the 3001 stacks up against the HiFiMan HE-560 with bass boost.

The 560 still has the advantages I would expect from a full-sized planar in comparison to an IEM: deeper bass extension, better bass texture, better soundstage, and a little less bite in the treble. But, the 3001 really is at least as good on separation, imaging, and mids, plus it has that tight punchy bass that only a dynamic driver can really deliver.

I try not to compare IEMs and headphones, but I am really impressed with the results here.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #423 of 543
I never really noticed until today how well the 3001 stacks up against the HiFiMan HE-560 with bass boost.

The 560 still has the advantages I would expect from a full-sized planar in comparison to an IEM: deeper bass extension, better bass texture, better soundstage, and a little less bite in the treble. But, the 3001 really is at least as good on separation, imaging, and mids, plus it has that tight punchy bass that only a dynamic driver can really deliver.

I try not to compare IEMs and headphones, but I am really impressed with the results here.
I love the 3001. Not only is it technically brilliant but its sound is fun as hell.

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #424 of 543
I use SE846 and I love them, but I want to try something new. I love the shure compact form fit, and the mid clarity, and low end ummph. I would not mind a tad bit more sparkly up top, if possible. So out of the DK3001 vs JVC FW01, what do folks recommend? or should I step up to the Campfire series?

Jul 13, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #426 of 543
I'm going to join in here as I've just got a pair of these on Friday. DUNU has done a great job on these! I haven't had a whole lot of time with them just yet and don't want to jump the gun but they do sound like something very special. One thing I do want to state though: "DAT BASS YO!" :thumbsup:G*d damn, the quality of the bass is great. Maybe just a little slower than some TOTL IEMs but the quantity makes up for that with great rumble and visceral punch. Very fun to listen to and feels like I've got subwoofers in my ears.

I've not A-B'ed them yet, from first impressions of the DK-3001, The FLC8S has better imaging and detail retrieval, as well as the FLC8 can be customised with it's sound signature. Where the biggest difference lies is the bass response of the DK-3001 is much more tuned for enjoyment rather than critical listening. The FLC8, even with the red and black bas filters (the most bassy setup), doesn't have nearly as much quantity of bass, however, it's speed is much better. Also, the DK-3001 goes lower and louder in those ultralow frequencies under 100Hz. The FLC8 is still an awesome choice is you want a very details and flat to bright sound signature, but you'd like it to be more flexible if you get bored of a particular sound.

how do the dk3001 respond to equalizer?
and how's the the timbre?

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #427 of 543
im looking to update my flc8s.. poor bastards died..
do you recommend these over flc?
its this/jvc hafw01.brainwavz b400 and im divided
also, what was your tuning for flc8s?

The DK-3001 is in an entirely different league from the B400, if you'll pardon the cliche. There simply is no technical aspect that the 3001 doesn't do better, and I really admire the B400 for its price point. The problem is, as great a value the B400 is for $200, the 3001 is for $500.

If you can handle the iffy fit and the elevated treble (which is well done), then 3001 is killer.

I use SE846 and I love them, but I want to try something new. I love the shure compact form fit, and the mid clarity, and low end ummph. I would not mind a tad bit more sparkly up top, if possible. So out of the DK3001 vs JVC FW01, what do folks recommend? or should I step up to the Campfire series?

I have the 846 also. The 3001 is less lush and less warm, but it has tight, detailed, and hard-hitting bass. The treble is significantly more pronounced than on the Shures, even with the white filters, so the overall tone is comparatively bright and clear. If you really are looking for only a "tad" more treble, the Andros would be a better fit, more of a middle ground between the 3001 and 846, IMO. All three have tremendous sound quality, so it may just come down to a tuning preference. For me, the Andros would be a replacement for the 846, while the 3001 is a nice complement.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #428 of 543
A necessary complement for the Dunus (from my point of view) is an aftermarket cable. For mines, I purchased this one and comfort wise, it's night and day folks.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/DUNU...737.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.504f63c0LA1l0c

The DK3001s are though being canibalized (at least in my home country) by a huge hype with aa rather new iem. The IMR-R1 that can be purchased directly from the manufacturer at 220£ (B- Stock). Cable replacement id also strongly recommended.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #429 of 543
A necessary complement for the Dunus (from my point of view) is an aftermarket cable. For mines, I purchased this one and comfort wise, it's night and day folks.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/DUNU...737.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.504f63c0LA1l0c

The DK3001s are though being canibalized (at least in my home country) by a huge hype with aa rather new iem. The IMR-R1 that can be purchased directly from the manufacturer at 220£ (B- Stock). Cable replacement id also strongly recommended.

Cheers.
Hmm I wasn't aware of that DUNU cable. It looks really nice.

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #430 of 543
Anyone using the 3001 with a cable the doesn't have the bend at the MMCX? If so, how does a straight connector affect the over-ear comfort?

Aug 18, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #431 of 543
Anyone using the 3001 with a cable the doesn't have the bend at the MMCX? If so, how does a straight connector affect the over-ear comfort?
Works fine for me and in most cases, I find straight connectors more comfortable than anything with memory wire. I really love DUNU cables though, even the stock DK-3001 one because the memory wire is so malleable. If you want to try a straight connector cable I know a good one for under $20 that you can test without putting yourself out of pocket too much. PM me if you want to know more.

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #432 of 543
Works fine for me and in most cases, I find straight connectors more comfortable than anything with memory wire. I really love DUNU cables though, even the stock DK-3001 one because the memory wire is so malleable. If you want to try a straight connector cable I know a good one for under $20 that you can test without putting yourself out of pocket too much. PM me if you want to know more.

Good to know. Thanks! I like the stock cable, but the overly long memory wire part bugs me. I find it either sticks out funny or it pokes into my neck, and when I store it in my IEM case, it tends to make the cable have to take a hard turn to fit.

I recently got a Penon CS819 that I really love, so I may go with that. And, as you said, DUNU makes some great cables themselves. I may also try to find a better color match. Which cable were you going to suggest?

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #433 of 543
Good to know. Thanks! I like the stock cable, but the overly long memory wire part bugs me. I find it either sticks out funny or it pokes into my neck, and when I store it in my IEM case, it tends to make the cable have to take a hard turn to fit.

I recently got a Penon CS819 that I really love, so I may go with that. And, as you said, DUNU makes some great cables themselves. I may also try to find a better color match. Which cable were you going to suggest?

I can vouch for the Dunu aftermarket cable. It is absolutely fantastic with the straight connectors. The fact the right side is orange and the left side is black makes these a breeze to use. I was worried at first but using these for a few days instantly made me a convert about straight connectors.

Aug 19, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #434 of 543
I can vouch for the Dunu aftermarket cable. It is absolutely fantastic with the straight connectors. The fact the right side is orange and the left side is black makes these a breeze to use. I was worried at first but using these for a few days instantly made me a convert about straight connectors.

I also have my DK3001s with the Dunu's aftermarket cable. It's a no brainer for me and a significant step ahead comfort wise speaking. Paired with a couple of Spinfit Biflanges to get a deeper sealing -> awesome sounding.

I'd like to know though, how do they pair with the IT04s...

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #435 of 543
This thread hasn't even hit 30 pages yet for such an awesome-sounding IEM. What happened?

Did everyone get scared off my possible fit issues? What's the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back