Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Nov 9, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #271 of 543
Tried every conceivable tip and finally decided to try the ‘spacer’ idea in one of the earlier posts in this thread. That did the trick. Am finally a happy camper. I can now fully appreciate what so many you have been raving about :ksc75smile:

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #272 of 543
Wow man. Props. I got bored reading shallow statements. "Product X sounds great"... but that's all there is to it without any useful info. Glad you're liking them.

Thanks. I appreciate this. A number of people had helpful suggestions when I was first looking for full sized headphones and later when I was having some problems with my Aune initially. Many people here really enjoy listening to music and want to share that with others. I felt like maybe I could say something useful this time.

Awesome write-up!

I haven't tested them with Classical, so I honestly don't know, but it sounds like they work as nicely for Classical as they do for Metal and Rock music!

I'd written my reply before in haste and had meant to say that your review was helpful both for these iems and the Meze 99 Classics, which I ended up getting and have enjoyed.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #274 of 543
I can't pop the cables off of these things to try new ones. Oy!

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #276 of 543
Don't nfoirce them

I stated this in my review, it is almost impossible to remove the cables...

Well I tried. I looked up MMCX connectors and they are just supposed to pull apart. THe 3001's COME with a replacement cable implying they are easy to remove. Now my Dunu's spin around by the connection. But they work fine. This is frustrating.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #277 of 543
There is no special trick, unfortunately. Just pull hard and evenly straight out. Careful not to pull the wire itself. I wish I could help! I got mine off after a few minutes. Be patient, switching to the balanced cable will be worth the frustration.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #278 of 543
There is no special trick, unfortunately. Just pull hard and evenly straight out. Careful not to pull the wire itself. I wish I could help! I got mine off after a few minutes. Be patient, switching to the balanced cable will be worth the frustration.

Got them out after carefully pulling but pulling hard. I'm not using the balanced cable just a replacement one.

Clicks in back easy but now the earbuds themselves spin at the end of the cable making them harder to insert. Any trick to fixing that?

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #279 of 543
Got them out after carefully pulling but pulling hard. I'm not using the balanced cable just a replacement one.

Clicks in back easy but now the earbuds themselves spin at the end of the cable making them harder to insert. Any trick to fixing that?

My Shures had an earpiece that did the same thing. I took some pipe sealant/thread sealant tape and applied it around the connection after it was clipped in, just to fill the gap a bit. It fixed the problem of spinning almost entirely. Then I trimmed it up and it was hardly noticeable. Unfortunately/fortunately, I replaced that cable later and it wasn't an issue on the new one, so I can't show you a picture. But, here is basically what I used: https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-11-1033-Sealant-2-Inch-100-Inch/dp/B00ITPHXZI/ Look around and they may even have a black version.

It's very stretchy and easy to work into the gap. I hope that helps!

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #280 of 543
My Shures had an earpiece that did the same thing. I took some pipe sealant/thread sealant tape and applied it around the connection after it was clipped in, just to fill the gap a bit. It fixed the problem of spinning almost entirely. Then I trimmed it up and it was hardly noticeable. Unfortunately/fortunately, I replaced that cable later and it wasn't an issue on the new one, so I can't show you a picture. But, here is basically what I used: https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-11-1033-Sealant-2-Inch-100-Inch/dp/B00ITPHXZI/ Look around and they may even have a black version.

It's very stretchy and easy to work into the gap. I hope that helps!

Thanks. These connectors should really screw in so they stay in one position once attached IMO

Nov 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #283 of 543
It can hurt them if you pull too much actually, I advice caution from my experience.
As long as you aren't pulling from the cable itself George you are fine. How else do you propose someone is to remove the removable cable?

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #284 of 543
As long as you aren't pulling from the cable itself George you are fine. How else do you propose someone is to remove the removable cable?

One of my connectors can now turn easier than the other one... I know that they aren't broken and that they are okay, but I still have this little... side effect. I wasn't pulling the cables, just the way it is now, so I advice a lot of caution when handling the connectors of DK-3001...

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #285 of 543
Yeah MMCX can be a royal pain in the rear. I think we need a new industry standard but it's so heavily adopted right now it would be a real challenge. I've mentioned in the past the proprietary Accutone MMCX is the best implementation I've seen so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back