Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA
Oct 9, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #241 of 543
I Like Me Better by Lauv - wow the bass hits so good on this track. Love these little cans of goodness.

Oct 10, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #242 of 543
For those who are interested (and don't mind to use the Google Translator widget underneath the navigation bar since my review is written in German), here's my take on the DK-3001: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/10/dunu-dk-3001-review-german-deutsch.html

DSC04340-small.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04342-small.JPG
    DSC04342-small.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 0
Oct 10, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #243 of 543
Good news to those who may find the included silicone tips (or Auvio's) too small at Medium but too large at the Large size that the M/L Spiral Dots solve that problem quite nicely. Seal achieved easily and the sound is still lovely.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #244 of 543
I couldn't get a seal with the ML Spiral Dots (perhaps L would do?), but the large Symbios are perfect! I never had to roll through so many tips on an IEM to get a good fit before, but the sound is magnificent now. Thanks to @PinkyPowers for the review on the Symbios, just what my Dunus needed.

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #245 of 543
I couldn't get a seal with the ML Spiral Dots (perhaps L would do?), but the large Symbios are perfect! I never had to roll through so many tips on an IEM to get a good fit before, but the sound is magnificent now. Thanks to @PinkyPowers for the review on the Symbios, just what my Dunus needed.
Yes the Symbios are great for some IEMs. These are shallow insertion IEMs and you do need to step up a size in eartips, imo, to get a great seal.

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #246 of 543
I have some small and large Symbios coming, to supplement the mediums I already use. I think they're great tips. A real life-saver for some IEMs.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #247 of 543
I have some small and large Symbios coming, to supplement the mediums I already use. I think they're great tips. A real life-saver for some IEMs.

My Symbios just got here yesterday. The larges are too big but the mediums are great, when all the other mediums I've tried have been too small. I like these tips they sound great.

But I'm curious, why order small and large when mediums sound like they work well with you? I don't get it. I went ahead and ordered 3 more pairs of the mediums already.

I'm also curious, on another note, how long do the symbios last on average?

Oct 17, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #248 of 543
My Symbios just got here yesterday. The larges are too big but the mediums are great, when all the other mediums I've tried have been too small. I like these tips they sound great.

But I'm curious, why order small and large when mediums sound like they work well with you? I don't get it. I went ahead and ordered 3 more pairs of the mediums already.

I'm also curious, on another note, how long do the symbios last on average?

Different IEMs have different insertion depths, which requires different size tips.

Oct 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #250 of 543
Different IEMs have different insertion depths, which requires different size tips.

Ahhhhhhh yes. I was just thinking of these iem's.

How long does a set of symbio's last day using them 2-3 hours a day?

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #251 of 543
Largge Symbios work for me but only with certain IEMs as they're just barely big enough. I haven't used them much though because they tend to inhibit the bass slightly. Great for things where you want a little tighter bass though.

I think you are right n they sound good but I'm missing a little bit of the bass from the spiral dots. Interesting.

Spiral dots #1, symbio's are #2

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #252 of 543
I think you are right n they sound good but I'm missing a little bit of the bass from the spiral dots. Interesting.

Spiral dots #1, symbio's are #2
If you can find your comfort spot and the seal(larger tips) I feel the JVC Spiral Dot have the best sound quality with the DK-3001

Oct 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #253 of 543
If you can find your comfort spot and the seal(larger tips) I feel the JVC Spiral Dot have the best sound quality with the DK-3001
Yeah the symbio's are narrower bore than the spiral dots. Takes away some bass

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #255 of 543
Yeah the symbio's are narrower bore than the spiral dots. Takes away some bass

Pretty sure it doesn't attenuate the bass (at least not on a measurement rig). What it does instead is accentuate the lower treble. That's probably what you're hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back