DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #2,296 of 2,384
A change in plans has caused me to list my Glacier unfortunately... If anybody is interested! See my FS listings in signature.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #2,297 of 2,384
A change in plans has caused me to list my Glacier unfortunately... If anybody is interested! See my FS listings in signature.

Damn, that UK Head-Fiers group medal on your profile made me think you were in the UK, alas the listing is US only. Good luck with the sale, looks like I'll be waiting until the UK retailers finally start stocking these.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #2,298 of 2,384
Damn, that UK Head-Fiers group medal on your profile made me think you were in the UK, alas the listing is US only. Good luck with the sale, looks like I'll be waiting until the UK retailers finally start stocking these.
Elise have confirmed they’ll be stocking the glacier.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #2,300 of 2,384
Funny. I'm looking to trade for the glacier after trying them at CanJam at least.

Mar 4, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #2,302 of 2,384

Overly harsh I would say but they definitely aren't for everyone and I would not recommend the SA6 MKII as an only iem (unless you really like a thick and warm sound signature)

Personally I find them to be one of the few iems that I can listen to at higher than average volumes without feeling shouted at, and I think they actually sound better when cranked up.

It's also the best i¹em i have for listening to music while working. The smooth and relaxed tuning allows the music to fade to the background nicely. As a result the SA6 MKII get as much listening time as my Prestige LTD - the latter makes me pay attention to the music, the former allows me to enjoy it in the background. It is a question of mood.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #2,303 of 2,384
Overly harsh I would say but they definitely aren't for everyone and I would not recommend the SA6 MKII as an only item (unless you like a thick and warm sound signature)

Personally I find them to be one of the few iems that I can listen to at higher than average volumes without feeling shouted at, and I think they actually sound better when cranked up.

It's also the best item i have for listening to music while working. The smooth and relaxed tuning allows the music to fade to the background nicely. As a result the SA6 MKII get as much listening time as my Prestige LTD - the latter makes me pay attention to the music, the former allows me to enjoy it in the background. It is a question of mood.
That is good to know, because most all of DUNU products have a pina gain boost (some more than others) which can definitely make them shouty or harsh at higher volumes for those that are sensitive to it (that darned Fletcher Munson Curve... :wink:).

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #2,304 of 2,384
Overly harsh I would say but they definitely aren't for everyone and I would not recommend the SA6 MKII as an only iem (unless you really like a thick and warm sound signature)

It's also the best i¹em i have for listening to music while working. The smooth and relaxed tuning allows the music to fade to the background nicely. As a result the SA6 MKII get as much listening time as my Prestige LTD - the latter makes me pay attention to the music, the former allows me to enjoy it in the background. It is a question of mood.
I felt it was a little harsh also, and I felt the set is better than TDM suggested in the review, but I did sell my set on after 4 weeks.

It still surprises me though, that people call the tuning smooth and relaxed. The upper treble is so over emphasised compared to the rest of the frequency that I found it fatiguing.

I do wonder when people say such things about these kind of tunings if they can still hear above 10khz? I’m really not trying to be rude or offensive as we will all eventually lose the ability to hear it as we age.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #2,307 of 2,384

Hey, do you know how the Glaciers do with metal? Busy and complex tracks, like Nightwish, Tesseract, Gojira, etc. Are they too fatiguing? Or congested?
I will probably get them but not ready for this purchase right now. :frowning2:

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #2,308 of 2,384
Funny I just traded Variations for the the SA6 MK2 and am looking forward to this: "Personally I find them to be one of the few iems that I can listen to at higher than average volumes"

I'm not encouraging you to listen too loudly... take it from a guy who has headphone induced tinnitus. whilst I may crank it up on the SA6 mkII once in a while, I don't listen at high volumes (to anything) as a matter of course.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #2,309 of 2,384
I'm not encouraging you to listen too loudly... take it from a guy who has headphone induced tinnitus. whilst I may crank it up on the SA6 mkII once in a while, I don't listen at high volumes (to anything) as a matter of course.
I understand. :) I go to the doc for hearing checkups all is well. I try to do it only once in a while and it's never uncomfortable.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #2,310 of 2,384
NYC_24-big-banner_画板 1 CN111.jpg

We will be at booth D2 at the CANJAM NYC 2024 on this Saturday and Sunday. There will be a registration for a lucky draw at the venue, with more than ten winning slots. The prizes include storage bags for Glacier, Duw02 Pro, and Lyre Pro.
One more thing, register your social media platform ID with on-site staff. Once approved, you'll have the opportunity to be among the first to experience every Dunu's products.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back