DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Feb 18, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #2,281 of 2,381
Found the Dunu impressions thread finally! Ha ha. New owner of the Glacier here. Bought the set FS here on the classifieds a few days ago, and very glad I did. It's my favorite IEM of any price I've had to date. Even at a retail of 1350, I consider it 'good value for $$$', considering the insane stratospheric prices much of the 'top tier' product goes for these days.

Sound-wise, it walks a very well balanced line of excellent resolution and details, ultra wide soundstage and sense of 3D space, and nice impactful deep reaching lows. I think it's probably the most highly resolving set I've had. Better even than how I remember the Nostalgia Camelot. Treble is insanely extended and airy, but never brittle or thin. Despite all this resolution and high end extension, like atechreviews I don't find it harsh. To me it can get almost there from time to time, depending on how much energy your music has in the upper mids / treble area. But this level of detail pays off huge, such that listening to my two favorite mellow Beck albums, Sea Change, and Morning Phase, becomes a new listening experience all over again... thar be layers here laddie, layers within layers!

Anyway, I say hats off to Dunu for creating an IEM which performs like this, and not having the gall to charge something more like 3,500 - 4,000.

How would you rate the bass on it vs some other IEM's considered to have good bass.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #2,282 of 2,381
They look great aesthetically and seem to be a very interesting set.

They graph almost identically to the Variations, which I liked but found them upper mids a bit much. How are the upper mids on the glacier? As graphs don’t tell the full story as we all know.

The glacier must be pretty special if it’s your favourite set. I’m really enjoying the Mirai. Dunu seem to be on top form at the moment.

I've never heard the Variations, so can't comment on how they sound comparatively, considering graphs.... and I think the upper mids are fine. Nothing like the bite the DTE900 could have from time to time. Midrange overall is just insanely detailed. I'm constantly picking new subtleties and sounds in the mids and highs that I haven't before in my music.

The Mirai does look quite interesting too. Good to hear it's a great sounding set too... It's funny how they're both multi-driver types, and both in that 1000-1500 range, yet look so completely different. Dunu is certainly on a roll.

How would you rate the bass on it vs some other IEM's considered to have good bass.

Bass is really good. It goes reeaaallyyy low, and has just enough mid-bass while not obscuring any of the mid band. I'd say bass is similar to my memory of the DTE900, but I think the Glacier has a bit more extension and rumble even. Can't really say for 100% certain though since don't have the 900 anymore. When I had the Bonneville it reminded me of this generally and in terms of quantity, but it was looser at the same time and not as potent in that sense of physicality.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #2,283 of 2,381
Thanks for the details. Would really love to hear a comparison of the glacier to the Bonneville hopefully someone has both at sometime

You are welcome, glad you found the details helpful. Comparing the Glacier to the Bonneville would be interesting. Hopefully, someone in the forum has some insights to share.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #2,284 of 2,381
Found the Dunu impressions thread finally! Ha ha. New owner of the Glacier here. Bought the set FS here on the classifieds a few days ago, and very glad I did. It's my favorite IEM of any price I've had to date. Even at a retail of 1350, I consider it 'good value for $$$', considering the insane stratospheric prices much of the 'top tier' product goes for these days.

Sound-wise, it walks a very well balanced line of excellent resolution and details, ultra wide soundstage and sense of 3D space, and nice impactful deep reaching lows. I think it's probably the most highly resolving set I've had. Better even than how I remember the Nostalgia Camelot. Treble is insanely extended and airy, but never brittle or thin. Despite all this resolution and high end extension, like atechreviews I don't find it harsh. To me it can get almost there from time to time, depending on how much energy your music has in the upper mids / treble area. But this level of detail pays off huge, such that listening to my two favorite mellow Beck albums, Sea Change, and Morning Phase, becomes a new listening experience all over again... thar be layers here laddie, layers within layers!

Anyway, I say hats off to Dunu for creating an IEM which performs like this, and not having the gall to charge something more like 3,500 - 4,000.
It's as if you read my mind. I tried to be conservative in my description to avoid overhyping things, but honestly, the Glacier is hands down the most detailed set I own. It effortlessly brings out all these new layers in my music—it's like rediscovering my entire library. I haven't felt this excited about my music in ages.

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:39 AM Post #2,285 of 2,381
I wanted to share a few pictures of my DUNU Glacier IEM. These pictures are with the stock cable and ear tips. I also included a picture showing how they fit in my ear. I hope these pictures give you a better idea of the design and fit.
IMG_20240219_170037.jpg
IMG_20240219_170501.jpg
IMG_20240219_170517.jpg
IMG_20240219_173152.jpg

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #2,286 of 2,381
I wanted to share a few pictures of my DUNU Glacier IEM. These pictures are with the stock cable and ear tips. I also included a picture showing how they fit in my ear. I hope these pictures give you a better idea of the design and fit.IMG_20240219_170037.jpgIMG_20240219_170501.jpgIMG_20240219_170517.jpgIMG_20240219_173152.jpg
Stunning. Making me wonder if I should consider selling the mmk3 and getting the glacier 🤔 the upper mids peak is a bit concerning though. How are you finding it?

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #2,287 of 2,381
Stunning. Making me wonder if I should consider selling the mmk3 and getting the glacier 🤔 the upper mids peak is a bit concerning though. How are you finding it?
I'd say give the Glacier a listen first. You might just find that the MK III suits your taste better. The Glacier's upper mids give it a nice, clear, forward vocal presentation without getting harsh or shouty. This is my opinion, I hope more members chime in and share their experience as well.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #2,288 of 2,381
I wonder how the Glacier sound compared to my mmk2 and the Gaea, especially the Gaea since they competes at pretty much the same price point of around $1300 (Glacier is a bit more pricier). I kinda like how the Glacier looks & graphs, might contemplate grabbing one once more user reviews are coming in.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #2,289 of 2,381
It's as if you read my mind. I tried to be conservative in my description to avoid overhyping things, but honestly, the Glacier is hands down the most detailed set I own. It effortlessly brings out all these new layers in my music—it's like rediscovering my entire library. I haven't felt this excited about my music in ages.
Curious to know if you’ve heard the noble Spartacus and can compare to the glacier?

Mar 1, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #2,293 of 2,381
I've never heard the Variations, so can't comment on how they sound comparatively, considering graphs.... and I think the upper mids are fine. Nothing like the bite the DTE900 could have from time to time. Midrange overall is just insanely detailed. I'm constantly picking new subtleties and sounds in the mids and highs that I haven't before in my music.

The Mirai does look quite interesting too. Good to hear it's a great sounding set too... It's funny how they're both multi-driver types, and both in that 1000-1500 range, yet look so completely different. Dunu is certainly on a roll.

Bass is really good. It goes reeaaallyyy low, and has just enough mid-bass while not obscuring any of the mid band. I'd say bass is similar to my memory of the DTE900, but I think the Glacier has a bit more extension and rumble even. Can't really say for 100% certain though since don't have the 900 anymore. When I had the Bonneville it reminded me of this generally and in terms of quantity, but it was looser at the same time and not as potent in that sense of physicality.

the Bonneville was looser and not as potent or vice versa?

I have the Bonneville so am very curious as to your thoughts between the Glacier and Bonneville.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #2,294 of 2,381
Super biased cause of precog
Why, because he preferred the Mirai tuning? We all have our preferences.

I have the Mirai and for me its my favourite iem.

I absolutely adore the Mirai 💚

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #2,295 of 2,381
the Bonneville was looser and not as potent or vice versa?

I have the Bonneville so am very curious as to your thoughts between the Glacier and Bonneville.

I can't really offer much in depth and specific anymore, because I sold the Bonneville a while back.... But from my memory of it, I think the Glacier would prove to be a bit more incisive through the midrange and treble. And I want to say the bass would be a little more focused than how I remember the Bonneville's, but again that's just from memory of the Campfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back