DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jun 21, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #2,043 of 2,381
I suspected that was the case. I also suspect that Shenzen knows this and is (potentially) taking advantage of ignorance, or people NOT paying too close attention.... the whole "better to ask for forgiveness, rather than permission" thing.

Yep, spot on!

I hear that... Do you still have yours? I still put them into my rotation now and again, when I feel like listening to thier unique diffuse type of tuning (those and the Maria II, which are similarly tuned to my ears).

Hope to be able to hear one eventually. Was before my time with the company.

Looks like it will be a very good update.:beerchug:
Yes, really) I am waiting for it. Original Falcon, Falcon Pro, Vernus - and now Ultra)

Yes, we are very excited for this one. It is a big milestone for the whole brand.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #2,044 of 2,381
So is it fair to assume that the S&S tips that came with the SA6 ultra were prototypes (since IIRC that's when they were first introduced) and have since undergone a revision? Just curious because a couple days ago I ordered some XLs off amazon, and they were SUPER thin and flimsy compared to the ones packaged with the ultras, which were pretty thick and robust. I wasn't expecting such a huge difference.

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #2,045 of 2,381
So is it fair to assume that the S&S tips that came with the SA6 ultra were prototypes (since IIRC that's when they were first introduced) and have since undergone a revision? Just curious because a couple days ago I ordered some XLs off amazon, and they were SUPER thin and flimsy compared to the ones packaged with the ultras, which were pretty thick and robust. I wasn't expecting such a huge difference.
Were those S&S tips of the SA6 Ultra also XL size? I'm also curious as I bought the L size in bucks when they were introduced. They feel more thick and robust than the XL. I thought it was only because of the size difference.

Jun 21, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #2,046 of 2,381
Oh, huh! The ones I pulled from my ultras might actually be L after all? Just compared them to the XLs I just got off amazon and they're slightly smaller. I thought they were XL because there were three gradually smaller sets also packaged with the SA6 ultra, which I just assumed were S/M/L. Good to know!

Jun 21, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #2,047 of 2,381
Were those S&S tips of the SA6 Ultra also XL size? I'm also curious as I bought the L size in bucks when they were introduced. They feel more thick and robust than the XL. I thought it was only because of the size difference.
Oh, huh! The ones I pulled from my ultras might actually be L after all? Just compared them to the XLs I just got off amazon and they're slightly smaller. I thought they were XL because there were three gradually smaller sets also packaged with the SA6 ultra, which I just assumed were S/M/L. Good to know!

I have asked if there was a revision made.

Yes, there was only L included in the Ultra, no XL.

Jun 23, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #2,050 of 2,381
Jun 23, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #2,051 of 2,381
IMG_2270.jpeg
IMG_2269.jpeg

Alpha 3.

Jun 24, 2023 at 2:31 PM Post #2,054 of 2,381
IMG20230625015549.jpg

Late night listening with smooth jazz George Benson with Dunu sa6 mkii. This is a loaner unit but I have a chance to keep this after the tour. Just some initial impressions.

• Vocals are very engaging
• midrange is its strength
• separation is good but not the best I've heard
• clean and close to neutral sound profile
• treble could benefit more sparkle. Sensitive folks will feel right at home with sa6 mkii.
• for a pure BA, timbre is very natural and analog
• bass quantity might be anemic for those who are accustomed to colored bass presentation. Turning on the bass boost switch portrays a more fun experience
• soundstage depth is commendable
• imaging is above average
• very comfortable wear and disappears when worn
• bass thump is not very aggressive hence portraying a more natural punch

Will be publishing a full in depth review in a week or so.

I can sense that the Sa6 mkii has a similar DNA with Dunu Titan S but on a new level. Its clean presentation and neutrality is what appeals to me the most.

Happy listening mates!!

Jun 24, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #2,055 of 2,381

There were some impressions posted in the other thread

IMG20230625015549.jpg
Late night listening with smooth jazz George Benson with Dunu sa6 mkii. This is a loaner unit but I have a chance to keep this after the tour. Just some initial impressions.

• Vocals are very engaging
• midrange is its strength
• separation is good but not the best I've heard
• clean and close to neutral sound profile
• treble could benefit more sparkle. Sensitive folks will feel right at home with sa6 mkii.
• for a pure BA, timbre is very natural and analog
• bass quantity might be anemic for those who are accustomed to colored bass presentation. Turning on the bass boost switch portrays a more fun experience
• soundstage depth is commendable
• imaging is above average
• very comfortable wear and disappears when worn
• bass thump is not very aggressive hence portraying a more natural punch

Will be publishing a full in depth review in a week or so.

I can sense that the Sa6 mkii has a similar DNA with Dunu Titan S but on a new level. Its clean presentation and neutrality is what appeals to me the most.

Happy listening mates!!

Thanks so much, gents!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back