DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Oct 18, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #1,066 of 2,381
can this new treble extension add so much in details and soundstage? was surprised (in a good way) because is just a new tunning
It can. Especially regions around 8-10KHz and 12KHz+

More 8-10KHz can mean better sense of note definition and clarity of vocals and instrument overall.

More 12KHz+ adds the airy feeling or you can say "soundstage", and also give cymbals and small treble sounds more definition (details).

As much as many want to believe tuning and details are two separate things, they are actually highly related. Will do an article or video about this in the future as it's too much to type out.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #1,068 of 2,381
Hi. Does Talos come with a new type of Dunu eartips? If so, please describe.
I usually leave stock tips sealed. I’d rather not go tearing thru them looking for something not there. Thanks
Yes it does.

Oct 19, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,069 of 2,381
I spent the last few days with the Celest Gumiho as I was working to complete its review. All this time the DUNU Kima has been kept on continuous playback for about 8-9 hours every day. Got in like 50-60 hours of burn-in done on the pair. TBH it sounds wonderful, The lower end has got a good rumble with decent slams, the midrange feels rich with amazing vocals, and slightly forward upper mids. The Treble region is smooth, inoffensive, and has a decent amount of details. The soundstage is also pretty impressive with the Kima. Great job by DUNU I would say!!
3.jpg

As for cons initially, I would say the mid-bass is a bit on the leaner side. The bass could use more punch. Treble is nice, airy, and has good details, but I sometimes feel the pair lacks a little bit of resolution in the high-frequencies. Basically talking about busy tracks here. Not bad, but not the best either.
2.jpg

Definitely has a better, more organic tone than Titan S, Aria. I would say tonally it is close to Hana but with an airier and more spacious stage presentation. The full review will drop soon, dropping Celest mostly today :)
1.jpg

I would still rate it a tad bit below the Talos, Talos is a class when it comes to resolution and details.

Oct 19, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #1,070 of 2,381
I spent the last few days with the Celest Gumiho as I was working to complete its review. All this time the DUNU Kima has been kept on continuous playback for about 8-9 hours every day. Got in like 50-60 hours of burn-in done on the pair. TBH it sounds wonderful, The lower end has got a good rumble with decent slams, the midrange feels rich with amazing vocals, and slightly forward upper mids. The Treble region is smooth, inoffensive, and has a decent amount of details. The soundstage is also pretty impressive with the Kima. Great job by DUNU I would say!!

As for cons initially, I would say the mid-bass is a bit on the leaner side. The bass could use more punch. Treble is nice, airy, and has good details, but I sometimes feel the pair lacks a little bit of resolution in the high-frequencies. Basically talking about busy tracks here. Not bad, but not the best either.

Definitely has a better, more organic tone than Titan S, Aria. I would say tonally it is close to Hana but with an airier and more spacious stage presentation. The full review will drop soon, dropping Celest mostly today :)

I would still rate it a tad bit below the Talos, Talos is a class when it comes to resolution and details.
Your impressions have me excited for Kima, it sounds like it has all the markings of a Kato competitor. I will be able to compare to Titan and Kato once I get my review unit in :L3000:

Talos really is a gem though, as you pointed out

Oct 20, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #1,071 of 2,381
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Thank you mate. Look forward to your few review on KIMA.

Your impressions have me excited for Kima, it sounds like it has all the markings of a Kato competitor. I will be able to compare to Titan and Kato once I get my review unit in :L3000:

Talos really is a gem though, as you pointed out

Glad you'll get to experience it!

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #1,073 of 2,381
3ABC5244-FB87-4CC2-9EC8-D3A6D3B85F4A.jpeg

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #1,074 of 2,381
I have the Kima now for an hour in the ears, first impressions are very good, sound rather clean and restrained, good seperation and audibility, great IEM.
Thanks to HIFIGO for the test sample

They look good!

I don't think I have ever seen a red-ish case from Dunu. I think I have only seen blue cases.

The warm tone of the cable complements the colour of SA6 nicely! Lucky you, the colour of your SA6 looks like the one on the box. The demo unit that I borrowed (for a couple hours) is more purple and blue than red.

Does SA6 benefit from extra amping power of balanced output?

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #1,076 of 2,381
They look good!

I don't think I have ever seen a red-ish case from Dunu. I think I have only seen blue cases.

The warm tone of the cable complements the colour of SA6 nicely! Lucky you, the colour of your SA6 looks like the one on the box. The demo unit that I borrowed (for a couple hours) is more purple and blue than red.

Does SA6 benefit from extra amping power of balanced output?
Well, the difference in 4.4mm is a lot of things. Meaning the amp itself in the Sony Walkman 1A/1Z has different capacitors, so it is a different sound. It’s a bigger sound, yes. Actually some have preference for 3.5mm, as it’s more subdued and less contrast.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #1,077 of 2,381
Kimá in Greek means minced meet!
Kima in its retail offering just landed, complete with waifu on the box. Maybe she's making some keema (Kima) here!

1666356094844.png
1666356107112.png
1666356132376.png
1666356124629.png

Proper SLR photos and measurements over the weekend hopefully.

Edit: Woooo 500 posts!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #1,078 of 2,381
Kima in its retail offering just landed, complete with waifu on the box. Maybe she's making some keema (Kima) here!

1666356094844.png 1666356107112.png 1666356132376.png 1666356124629.png

Proper SLR photos and measurements over the weekend hopefully.
What even is "Criz faction" :dt880smile:

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #1,080 of 2,381
I'll be honest, the more I read/watch about the SA6 ultra, the more I want one. Was always interested in the SA6 but never got it as I was a student until a few months ago so I didn't have enough spare change to afford one. That and the treble roll-off is not something that I'm fond of but it was no deal breaker. I'm just praying it's not going to be much more expensive compared to the normal SA6.
With the SA6 ultra being limited to 300 units and seemingly only available from HiFiGo I'll have to be fast.
Never ordered from HiFiGo but as a lot of people order from there it should be fine.

On a side note, it looks like the SA4 (domestic version) is becoming available in larger quantity's and in bigger, more trustworthy stores on Aliexpress.
11.11 is going to be good... and expensive :sweat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back