DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Jul 25, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #736 of 2,410
Unpopular opinion: Andromeda does not have largest soundstage. It’s what it does with that illusion space matter.

Is Andromeda known for a wide stage? I have an early Andromeda from before they started ceramic coating them and it has a moderate sized stage. The key to the Andromeda is the reference-type FR, the excellent tonality, the detailed resolution and crisp layering. Soundstage isn’t their strong point and I guess I never noticed anyone claiming it was above average.

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #737 of 2,410
Is Andromeda known for a wide stage? I have an early Andromeda from before they started ceramic coating them and it has a moderate sized stage. The key to the Andromeda is the reference-type FR, the excellent tonality, the detailed resolution and crisp layering. Soundstage isn’t their strong point and I guess I never noticed anyone claiming it was above average.

That resolution and layering are the magic sauce. The soundstage is just by-effect of the tuning, IMHO.
I remember that when I was hunting for a kilobuck, many reviews and forum opinions at that time pointed to Andromeda 2020 as the leader of “large”, “holographic” soundstage. Needless to say I was very disappointed about the size of the stage the first time I heard it.

Kinda wish Dunu has something with more treble air to compete with Andromeda on layering and resolution. CFA’s accessories and cable are not as good.

Jul 25, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #738 of 2,410
Titan S is daily workhorse, SA4 for monitoring and Vulkan Subbass King for mood in the evening. Also depending on music and used gear.

Cheers and enjoy music. ✌🏻

Awesome! Cheers bro!

I am highly, highly impressed with the speed / tactility of the Titan S driver. I find it more clean than even something like the Moondrop Kato. The dip in the upper mids makes percussion (and higher register vocals) sound effortless without losing any resolution. Imaging is respectable - something that I usually don't see under $200. The build quality of this set puts it over the top for me.

20A093E7-5209-40C1-83D4-595AFA03D805_1_201_a.jpeg

Thank you!

I have found that my closed back Focals are much the same.

Focals aren't well known for excelling in the soundstage. They always have a close-to-your-head presentation, but they make up for that in other areas such as best-in-class dynamics and vocal performance.

Kinda wish Dunu has something with more treble air to compete with Andromeda on layering and resolution. CFA’s accessories and cable are not as good.

We are always working on things :wink:

Jul 25, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #739 of 2,410
Focals aren't well known for excelling in the soundstage. They always have a close-to-your-head presentation, but they make up for that in other areas such as best-in-class dynamics and vocal performance
I would concur with this, and that was exactly my point when it was mentioned it isn't the widest stage, but what is being done in that stage. Anyhow, apologies for getting off topic. 😇

Jul 26, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #740 of 2,410
Hi Guys, hope you all is good. Just ask a quick question regarding DUNU SA6 and how does it compare to the RSV that even though it has different price point, it nearly has a similar configuration.
I also found this video comparing DUNU SA6 with new IEM from AüR Audio Neon Pro.

Is it still worthy to get DUNU SA6 in 2022? or are there any full BA contender that is better at probably a better price point?
Thanks in advance

Jul 26, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #741 of 2,410
Hi Guys, hope you all is good. Just ask a quick question regarding DUNU SA6 and how does it compare to the RSV that even though it has different price point, it nearly has a similar configuration.
I also found this video comparing DUNU SA6 with new IEM from AüR Audio Neon Pro.

Is it still worthy to get DUNU SA6 in 2022? or are there any full BA contender that is better at probably a better price point?
Thanks in advance

Here is the Precogvision's comparison between SA6, RSV, and S8.
https://www.headphones.com/communit...ftears-rsv-review-hard-to-love-harder-to-hate

Jul 27, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #742 of 2,410
It's giveaway time!

Celebrating the launch of the silver Titan S, we're excited to give away one lucky winner a unit at no cost.

See the ways you can enter here.

May the odds ever be in your favor.

Jul 27, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #743 of 2,410
It's giveaway time!

Celebrating the launch of the silver Titan S, we're excited to give away one lucky winner a unit at no cost.

Ok, signed up. Just tell me now that I am the winner and get it over with... :wink:

Jul 27, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #745 of 2,410
It's giveaway time!

wow, joined, let's hope I can win something for once :)

Jul 27, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #748 of 2,410
It's giveaway time!

signing up, definitely excited.

Edit: @Sebastien Chiu is there any change in tuning, or just cosmetic change only?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #749 of 2,410
Nice write up, my vulkan should arrive tmorn and as I mostly listen to electronic/techno I hope they’ll be a good match for my preferred signature sound.

Jul 27, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #750 of 2,410
It's giveaway time!

No cost is my favourite cost. Count me in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back