DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
May 16, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #317 of 2,387
Since one great thing never comes alone, Zen Pro decided to tag along in the same package. Thanks once again to Dunu for these. Fun times ahead!

IMG_20220516_205058.jpg

IMG_20220516_205005.jpg

graph - 2022-05-16T210224.831.png
Love to hear your impressions soon, also thanks for the Vernus measurements!

Hearing the Vernus got me interested in the Zen Pro. That eclipse technology is pretty interesting.

May 16, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #318 of 2,387

My VERNUS just arrived together with Zen Pro at my office. Decided to get some fresh impressions right out of the box before graphing/testing other nozzles and post them on my thread. I figured it would be nice to leave it here as well. Congratz to everyone that got to buy it!

IMG_20220516_204136.jpg

Dunu Vernus - 15 minutes blind impressions

Stock tips, Cayin RU6, stock nozzle, literally grab out of the box and plug in, literally no A/B, fully blind. Point is to see if this feelings go away once I A/B or test more stuff tonight and measures. This is raw and wrote as I listen.
  • Mid-bass is punchy/slammy
  • Mids well done, have some detail and a bit of analog feel to it (maybe RU6 is helping with that);
  • Good female vocals, not too soft, not too much bite;
  • Very nice separation, some air;
  • Treble is energetic. Extension seems good, but lower treble has a smidge more power than I usually like, but not offensive at all;
  • Fleetwood Mac - Dreams intro Cymbal strike felt very detailed and long lasting, a proper splash. Loving the decay, not the energy, but that might be easy to fix for my library with nother nozzles;
  • Woodkid - Run Boy Run sounds amazing! Wow. Was not expecting this from a single DD and most transducers fail when it gets busy;
  • Yosi - Crossing: Stage depth is very nice (I’ve been dealing with budget stuff lately so I almost dropped down a tear); Left to right pans show Very GOOD imaging.
  • Wide but not too holographic (Hello Mr. Titan S in steroids!). Yosi - Bubbles confirmed it;
  • Lykke Li - Silent my song show that vocals are pending to neutral more than the “In your face ripping your head off” style. Stage depth also helps. Separation!!
  • Michael Bublés’ Feeling good has some weight to his voice, but not thicc. His upper harmonics are more enphasised than his lower ones. Female vocals feel better than male’s; Still very very good!
  • Bass has texture and speed - enough to have clear attack and decays, but not TOO fast to feel unatural; Sub-bass goes low;
  • Has dynamics. You feels various notes at various levels, not 1 note flabby for sure; Zomg Hyper - FCKD;
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Dee details is not as hyperealism as Planars, but you still notice it. Same goes for Hania Rani’s tracks (these sound better than Dee for sure, love it);
  • Separation and imaging are raving oh Jazz tracks!
First take: Over Hana 2021 or Kato for sure, Olina not sure due to 3D, but it will probably sweat (Olina costs less than half tho lol). Etymotic feels a diferent beast, will need to A/B.
On a personal note: I love it and keep in mind this is stock nozzle. I have a feeling the more relaxed one will fit my library even more.
Too bad it’s a limited edition, damn. Insane driver tech. Packaging is insanely good, let alone for price.

graph - 2022-05-16T203552.218.png

graph - 2022-05-16T203549.835.png

graph - 2022-05-16T203545.356.png

graph - 2022-05-16T203539.012.png
Love your first take. Thanks! Looking forward to see how it develops and your comparisons!

May 17, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #319 of 2,387

My VERNUS just arrived together with Zen Pro at my office. Decided to get some fresh impressions right out of the box before graphing/testing other nozzles and post them on my thread. I figured it would be nice to leave it here as well. Congratz to everyone that got to buy it!

Dunu Vernus - 15 minutes blind impressions

Stock tips, Cayin RU6, stock nozzle, literally grab out of the box and plug in, literally no A/B, fully blind. Point is to see if this feelings go away once I A/B or test more stuff tonight and measures. This is raw and wrote as I listen.
  • Mid-bass is punchy/slammy
  • Mids well done, have some detail and a bit of analog feel to it (maybe RU6 is helping with that);
  • Good female vocals, not too soft, not too much bite;
  • Very nice separation, some air;
  • Treble is energetic. Extension seems good, but lower treble has a smidge more power than I usually like, but not offensive at all;
  • Fleetwood Mac - Dreams intro Cymbal strike felt very detailed and long lasting, a proper splash. Loving the decay, not the energy, but that might be easy to fix for my library with nother nozzles;
  • Woodkid - Run Boy Run sounds amazing! Wow. Was not expecting this from a single DD and most transducers fail when it gets busy;
  • Yosi - Crossing: Stage depth is very nice (I’ve been dealing with budget stuff lately so I almost dropped down a tear); Left to right pans show Very GOOD imaging.
  • Wide but not too holographic (Hello Mr. Titan S in steroids!). Yosi - Bubbles confirmed it;
  • Lykke Li - Silent my song show that vocals are pending to neutral more than the “In your face ripping your head off” style. Stage depth also helps. Separation!!
  • Michael Bublés’ Feeling good has some weight to his voice, but not thicc. His upper harmonics are more enphasised than his lower ones. Female vocals feel better than male’s; Still very very good!
  • Bass has texture and speed - enough to have clear attack and decays, but not TOO fast to feel unatural; Sub-bass goes low;
  • Has dynamics. You feels various notes at various levels, not 1 note flabby for sure; Zomg Hyper - FCKD;
  • Ozzy Osbourne - Dee details is not as hyperealism as Planars, but you still notice it. Same goes for Hania Rani’s tracks (these sound better than Dee for sure, love it);
  • Separation and imaging are raving oh Jazz tracks!
First take: Over Hana 2021 or Kato for sure, Olina not sure due to 3D, but it will probably sweat (Olina costs less than half tho lol). Etymotic feels a diferent beast, will need to A/B.
On a personal note: I love it and keep in mind this is stock nozzle. I have a feeling the more relaxed one will fit my library even more.
Too bad it’s a limited edition, damn. Insane driver tech. Packaging is insanely good, let alone for price.

The Reference tuning is really growing on me. It can kick out some beautiful strings, percussion and woodwind. In fact, it does nearly all instruments well, probably the best acoustic replay of the IEMs I've tried. Resolution is excellent. Instrument separation is average in my opinion but you can't have it all.

Last edited:
May 17, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #320 of 2,387
graph(213).png

May 17, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #321 of 2,387
Damn, this looks... Actually amazing! The treble area is finally not gone!
05DD3262-25B7-4238-96D9-45528C05F28F.png

As you can see its not as good as Variations but damn it's quite close. It unfortunately drops after 15k (**** my 19.5kHz hearing range) but up to that point everything exists as it should, much better than the Dusk.

Now then it depends on the holographicness and detail level of the Vulkan. If the price is right, I might just grab it instead of Variations!

May 17, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #325 of 2,387
Damn, this looks... Actually amazing! The treble area is finally not gone!
05DD3262-25B7-4238-96D9-45528C05F28F.png
As you can see its not as good as Variations but damn it's quite close. It unfortunately drops after 15k (**** my 19.5kHz hearing range) but up to that point everything exists as it should, much better than the Dusk.

Now then it depends on the holographicness and detail level of the Vulkan. If the price is right, I might just grab it instead of Variations!
How can you tell it's not as good as the Variations just based on the graph? Unless you're just refering to the treble extension?

May 17, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #327 of 2,387
Eyeballing it, Vulkan graphs look somewhat reminiscent of 4001 in terms of overall shape.

May 17, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #328 of 2,387
Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻🌋

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
May 17, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #329 of 2,387
VULKAN time!

20220516_114209.jpg

20220516_114426.jpg

20220516_121241.jpg

May 17, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #330 of 2,387
Anyone know the MSRP of the Vulkan? I'm guessing around 600-700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back