DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #1,381 of 2,382
S6 Ultra #Z200 Double Red arrived today, ordered 10/26, shipped 11/16, in case anyone is waiting and wondering where they are in getting them out.

First impressions, no burn in, 4.4 on an RS6, a few hours in, really quite good! Lots of retrieval. Enjoying the bass boost. Plenty of top end and air without any harshness. Overall a really nice tune and balance. They do female and male vocals really well without taking away from rest of the music and the bottom end, which seems to happen a lot. Also enjoying the S&S tips way more than they looked like I would. They insert very easily, seal well, and are very comfortable. The IEMs are also super comforatable. Only slight negative is the cable is a bit stiff and microphonic, but we will see how it is after it straitens and softens up a bit.

Will see how these shape up over time, but it sure is going to be a good Thanksgiving! Well done Dunu!

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #1,382 of 2,382
It’s true that “burn in” or “run in” can be a controversial topic. Some people believe it makes a big difference, others not so much.

Personally, I think it really varies from set to set. I’ve had some (the Hook-X comes to mind) that really changed a lot and others that stayed basically the same out of the box.

As a good rule of thumb, 10 hours of “run in” or “burn in” is a reasonable compromise. By 10 hours most sets will have worked out any stiffness in the drivers and will sound the way they’re going to sound.

My two cents.

That's why I always suggest 10 hours - some people believe in mental burn in, some people believe in driver burn in. It's a fair middle group between both groups of thought perspectives.

S6 Ultra #Z200 Double Red arrived today, ordered 10/26, shipped 11/16, in case anyone is waiting and wondering where they are in getting them out.

First impressions, no burn in, 4.4 on an RS6, a few hours in, really quite good! Lots of retrieval. Enjoying the bass boost. Plenty of top end and air without any harshness. Overall a really nice tune and balance. They do female and male vocals really well without taking away from rest of the music and the bottom end, which seems to happen a lot. Also enjoying the S&S tips way more than they looked like I would. They insert very easily, seal well, and are very comfortable. The IEMs are also super comforatable. Only slight negative is the cable is a bit stiff and microphonic, but we will see how it is after it straitens and softens up a bit.

Will see how these shape up over time, but it sure is going to be a good Thanksgiving! Well done Dunu!

Congratulations! Look forward to your thoughts as you get more time with in on them and thanks for your initial feedback!

Nov 22, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,383 of 2,382

Got mine too! #Z221 blue/blue. Totally agree with your initial impression. Sound is incredible. Better than my IE600’s which are a bit spicy in the upper treble. The fit is outstanding. Better than anything I’ve tried, except for maybe the FiiO FA7’s.

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,384 of 2,382
Got mine too! #Z221 blue/blue. Totally agree with your initial impression. Sound is incredible. Better than my IE600’s which are a bit spicy in the upper treble. The fit is outstanding. Better than anything I’ve tried, except for maybe the FiiO FA7’s.

Reasons why the SA6 is occasionally the only IEM I fall asleep with! Thanks and enjoy!

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #1,385 of 2,382
IE600 are a bit spicy!? They just have more treble extension. But, yes, subjective taste also qualifies things differently.
What tips do you use with the IE600? Changing tips with IE600 is wrong move - the original tips have a mesh inside that is 'part' of the tunning, don't switch tips following some reviewers advice - use only the stock or foam ones!

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #1,386 of 2,382
IE600 are a bit spicy!? They just have more treble extension. But, yes, subjective taste also qualifies things differently.
What tips do you use with the IE600? Changing tips with IE600 is wrong move - the original tips have a mesh inside that is 'part' of the tunning, don't switch tips following some reviewers advice - use only the stock or foam ones!
Not saying the IE600’s are harsh, just extended more than I’m used to. The SA6 Ultra’s are perfect for me. I’ve tried so many different tips for the IE600, and can only use CP100+. I cannot get a proper seal with anything else.

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #1,387 of 2,382
Not saying the IE600’s are harsh, just extended more than I’m used to. The SA6 Ultra’s are perfect for me. I’ve tried so many different tips for the IE600, and can only use CP100+. I cannot get a proper seal with anything else.
No bad words on SA6 Ultra, guess they are as fine as they say. I couldn't manage for them because of a trip and got angry and got the MMk2.
Try again with the stock tips of the IE600 - it is a pity you cannot enjoy them well 'cause non-stock ones.

Nov 22, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #1,388 of 2,382
Well I have to 100% disagree with this statement sorry but tip rolling works well with ie600, ie300 & ie900. I have ie300 & ie600 now & you can use azla sednaearfit max with their silocine mesh filter if you like.

Nov 22, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #1,389 of 2,382
Well I have to 100% disagree with this statement sorry but tip rolling works well with ie600, ie300 & ie900. I have ie300 & ie600 now & you can use azla sednaearfit max with their silocine mesh filter if you like.
Well said and I am wondering why more people don't dial in every IEM they own. Personally never found one perfect yet for me and my most expensive set is $1300.

My point is for $15 you can get whole sets of different nozel filters value and sizes so you can find tune your IEM for cheap on AliX.

I will probably find my endgame on a $100 IEM and be happy about it!

Nov 23, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #1,390 of 2,382
Well, good for you! For me the tip rolling is taming the bass and bringing some sibilance. That's why I recommended trying something easy and w/o cost - stock tips.
On the other hand, tip rolling helps a lot for some iems, like Timeless, but the usage of the stock tips with IE600 was recommended by some reviewers also and by the Product manager who created the IE600.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #1,391 of 2,382
Well said and I am wondering why more people don't dial in every IEM they own. Personally never found one perfect yet for me and my most expensive set is $1300.

My point is for $15 you can get whole sets of different nozel filters value and sizes so you can find tune your IEM for cheap on AliX.

I was not recommending stock tips because of cost. I also do rip rolling - Z1R, MMk2, Timeless and other I run with non-stock tips but JVC FDX-1, Voyager 3, Mest v1, IE600 I run with stock tips...

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #1,392 of 2,382
Well, good for you! For me the tip rolling is taming the bass and bringing some sibilance. That's why I recommended trying something easy and w/o cost - stock tips.
On the other hand, tip rolling helps a lot for some iems, like Timeless, but the usage of the stock tips with IE600 was recommended by some reviewers also and by the Product manager who created the IE600.
There was also a lot of talk on the ie600 forum where owners where saying what cheap rubbish the ie600 sennheiser tips where compared to others. Hardly anyone uses factory tips anymore & of course the sennheiser salesman will have to support their tips its his job lol

Nov 23, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #1,393 of 2,382
There was also a lot of talk on the ie600 forum where owners where saying what cheap rubbish the ie600 sennheiser tips where compared to others. Hardly anyone uses factory tips anymore & of course the sennheiser salesman will have to support their tips its his job lol
Ok, ok, I have put Azla on anything like Timmy or Spring tips like Super Review :)-))))))

Nov 23, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #1,394 of 2,382

Same here - for me it's about what kind of flavor I am feeling for the day/what kind of music I want to listen to.

Nov 23, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #1,395 of 2,382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back