DT770 Pro 80hm and Zero Amplifier.... 350$ Later, and not the bass I wanted :/
Jul 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

cloneman

New Head-Fier
Well, you can't say I didn't try :^/

Got the Beyer DT770/80ohm wanting for some monster bass... not getting it at all ;(

Right now, this setup is inferior to my 30$ Koss TNT-55, and my 50$ Portapro + fiio E5 combination. Did I get the wrong amp? Maybe I should have gone for sony's consumer 60$ xtra bass product line...

Unless I can find a way to dramatically increase bass on this setup, I'm going back to my TNT-55.

N.B. If I push the headphones toward my skull and hold them there it's better....

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 25
get some clear gel pads fom the official beyer shop

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 25
Did you get DT770Pro80?

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 25
I know :)
But DT770Pro80 without bass??? Has to be a defect set...

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 25
Have you tried using them with your Fiio? Maybe the Zero is defective, or maybe the headphones are defective, or you want more/different bass.

Quote:
Well, you can't say I didn't try :^/

Got the Beyer DT770/80ohm wanting for some monster bass... not getting it at all ;(

Right now, this setup is inferior to my 30$ Koss TNT-55, and my 50$ Portapro + fiio E5 combination. Did I get the wrong amp? Maybe I should have gone for sony's consumer 60$ xtra bass product line...

Unless I can find a way to dramatically increase bass on this setup, I'm going back to my TNT-55.

N.B. If I push the headphones toward my skull and hold them there it's better....

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 25

Quote:
maybe the headphones are defective, or you want more/different bass.

Probably this, because they are bass monsters....unless you are a real basshead 
ph34r.gif

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 25
Yep my DT770s are quite bassy. I guess you could........er.........eq them for more? The gel pads mentioned may also be worth looking into.

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #9 of 25
I definitely have the PRO version. The bass is incredibly weak unamped , or with the FiioE5. Recently, I'm finding almost all bass inadequate, except the Fiio E5 + Koss portapro with some sound cards (but not all). This setup was supposed to take the soundcard out of the equation , but it looks like this DAC is (even less) bassy than the crappy VIA HD audio (its lower limit is only 20Hz, maybe that's the bad part?)

I just don't know what to do. I tried a bunch of unamped units at a local store in montreal (grado, shure, seinheiser in the 150-400$ range) and the bass was awful on all of them.

Maybe I should just get an Azuntech X-Fi forte with Koss portapro & some EQ. (which EQ doesn't make  bass sound like bleh?)

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 25
Huh well that's interesting. I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. To make sure it's not your cans I'd go by Guitar Center (if you have one) and compare them to the ones they have in stock.

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 25
You're mistaking slabs of sub woof bass for clear, quality, tight, fast, defined bass.

If buckets of bass is all you want you need to spend LESS on headphones and that's pretty much all you'll get. No amp in the world will throw buckets of bass into headphones. Louderness? Yes.

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #14 of 25
Pairing the DT770 pros with the E5's bass boost is OMGWTFBBQ-type bass. You must have a defective set.

If you want even more than that for cheaper and better paired up with bass boosters, I'd suggest the XB700. That thing is ABSOLUTELY built for bass boosting.

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #15 of 25
Option 1:  Your 770 Pro 80s are defective.

Option 2:  You are and extreme basshead.

Assuming number 2, I think the only 'phone left to try is the XB700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back