DT 990 Pro 250Ohm without amp?
Jan 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:
unfortunately O2, M-Stage or Schiit aren´t available in my country(czech republic)

You could try the FiiO E10. It is cheap, includes a DAC, is available in your country at www.headphones.cz, and should work fine with the DT990 Pro if you do not need very high volume. Alternatively, if you only want an amplifier, the E11 is slightly more powerful and portable, but can only be powered by batteries (and therefore needs to be recharged regularly). For a lot of power driving high impedance headphones at reasonably low cost, you can use the (AC powered and not portable) E9/E09K.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
I've found that my DT990 (250 ohm) always sounded great with the Fiio E9, and even the E7 by itself didn't sound half bad. 

the e7 by itself sounds bad ... the bass is flabby and you can actually 'feel' how underpowered the headphones are ..

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

You could try the FiiO E10. It is cheap, includes a DAC, is available in your country at www.headphones.cz, and should work fine with the DT990 Pro if you do not need very high volume. Alternatively, if you only want an amplifier, the E11 is slightly more powerful and portable, but can only be powered by batteries (and therefore needs to be recharged regularly). For a lot of power driving high impedance headphones at reasonably low cost, you can use the (AC powered and not portable) E9/E09K.

I don´t need to have high volume or portability so i guess E10 could work.

May 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #20 of 20
A little late, but I use my 990 PRO with a HifiMan EF2A tube amp (as seen in my avatar), and it drives it extremely well. The sound is much much better in the amp than directly into a computer/ipod etc. Honestly, the DT990 PRO just doesn't work with the E11. At a bit over half volume, there is a ton of clipping. It really needs a desktop amp to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back