Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
Jun 24, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #841 of 1,383
Do any of you particularly like your smartphone with the FDX1? I'm surprised at how hard they are to drive with my leckerton uha 6s mkii. These things guzzle the power! It's not often an IEM needs high gain, though granted it's mostly with less compressed albums.

Jun 24, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #842 of 1,383
Do any of you particularly like your smartphone with the FDX1? I'm surprised at how hard they are to drive with my leckerton uha 6s mkii. These things guzzle the power! It's not often an IEM needs high gain, though granted it's mostly with less compressed albums.
I forgot my DAC one day when I went to my girl's family's house to watch the kids, and i was distraught because they're not the same animal without some decent amping. I even went balanced with an E1DA 9038S now and I'm LOVING IT.

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #846 of 1,383
How's the comfort on these for someone with small ears? Been thinking about picking up a pair for a while now, they look like they'd be great pair to use on the go.
I think they should fit fine for most people. They’re pretty large, but don’t really need to sit deep in your ear. They have a shallow insertion depth, but they are a little heavy, so if moving around, you definitely want to put the cable over your ears. As far as using them on-the-go, they do like quite a good amount of power, so your phone might barely be able to drive them well. Also, these IEMs don’t really isolate well. I don’t really use them when out and about, but perhaps others do, and have better advice.

Jun 24, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #847 of 1,383
I think they should fit fine for most people. They’re pretty large, but don’t really need to sit deep in your ear. They have a shallow insertion depth, but they are a little heavy, so if moving around, you definitely want to put the cable over your ears. As far as using them on-the-go, they do like quite a good amount of power, so your phone might barely be able to drive them well. Also, these IEMs don’t really isolate well. I don’t really use them when out and about, but perhaps others do, and have better advice.

I use them on walks with the dog, and they isolate just fine for that. They wouldn't be my first choice on a bus/train commute, however (remember commuting?).

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #848 of 1,383
I feel them after a few hours.

Also, the Tripowin foam tips are perfect for me, and that helps me stop playing with them. I need the largest ones, but finally there’s a foamie that works, and it modulated that last little peaky upper-mid/low-treble.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #849 of 1,383
Huh I just checked and wasn't expecting to see we can still buy these from Drop for $250... I stumbled across these on Amazon a few days ago, listed for $300.

Sorry if this is overly:
Dumb-Dumber-We-ve-Landed-on-the-Moon.gif

I have been away from the Audio game for a fair bit of time.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #850 of 1,383
Huh I just checked and wasn't expecting to see we can still buy these from Drop for $250... I stumbled across these on Amazon a few days ago, listed for $300.

Sorry if this is overly:
Dumb-Dumber-We-ve-Landed-on-the-Moon.gif

I have been away from the Audio game for a fair bit of time.
Can you get the FDX1 on Amazon? Thought they were a Drop exclusive.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #851 of 1,383
Can you get the FDX1 on Amazon? Thought they were a Drop exclusive.
It‘s probably some reselling them, with a price hike, for times when it‘s not readily a available on Drop.
Edit: Never mind. It’s sold by Amazon, for a higher price. :shrug:

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #853 of 1,383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back