Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
Jun 13, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #812 of 1,383
Sorry, that was my edit. I meant to let you know that I was not trying to correct you, just add the specific measurements. :thumbsup:
I just wanted to thank you for turning me on to this amazing IEM (from the Moondrop Starfield thread.) You were right about the Sednafit AZLA tips, too! I finally have a tip that sounds good and feels secure in my ear!

It took running them through my desktop rig to see how good they were! Now I have an iFi Hip DAC on order, because the difference between the es100 and the Bifrost MB/Project Polaris was so immense.

I also ordered a Mangird Tea from Linsoul, so we’ll see how they complement the FDX1.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #813 of 1,383
I just wanted to thank you for turning me on to this amazing IEM (from the Moondrop Starfield thread.) You were right about the Sednafit AZLA tips, too! I finally have a tip that sounds good and feels secure in my ear!

It took running them through my desktop rig to see how good they were! Now I have an iFi Hip DAC on order, because the difference between the es100 and the Bifrost MB/Project Polaris was so immense.

I also ordered a Mangird Tea from Linsoul, so we’ll see how they complement the FDX1.
I’m glad you really like them, and have tapped into their full potential. I look forward to your thoughts on the Mangird Tea.

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #814 of 1,383
I’m glad you really like them, and have tapped into their full potential. I look forward to your thoughts on the Mangird Tea.
Chi-Fi has blown my mind, and I can’t believe the FDX1 are a single DD.

Maybe it’s just the honeymoon, but the FDX1 rivals my Focal Elex.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #815 of 1,383
Chi-Fi has blown my mind, and I can’t believe the FDX1 are a single DD.

Maybe it’s just the honeymoon, but the FDX1 rivals my Focal Elex.
You should really enjoy them with the hip dac. I keep going back to that combo over my desk set up as the ifi sound is so listenable.

Live with it for a little bit and then get a 4.4mm balanced cable - these things love more power! Enjoy.

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #816 of 1,383
You should really enjoy them with the hip dac. I keep going back to that combo over my desk set up as the ifi sound is so listenable.

Live with it for a little bit and then get a 4.4mm balanced cable - these things love more power! Enjoy.
All my IEMs have 2.5mm cables for the es100, so I ordered some 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptors.

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #817 of 1,383
Really liking the Spinfit dual flange on these. A really good seal!

Edit- Does anyone know the core diameter?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #818 of 1,383
Really liking the Spinfit dual flange on these. A really good seal!

They do fit well on the nozzles, and do seal well. They just really hurt my ear canals.

Edit- Does anyone know the core diameter?

I measured 5.5mm at the very end of the nozzle. It gets slightly wider around the lip.

Jun 13, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #819 of 1,383
Thanks! And I agree, not very comfortable. Gonna look on Amazon for more dual flange alternatives.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #820 of 1,383
Jun 17, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #821 of 1,383
When I EQ a little extra bass on my es100, they’re more engaging, but it’s hard to get just right.

I have a iFi Hip DAC ordered that should be here at the end of the month.

Jun 17, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #823 of 1,383
Very cool. Please feel free to drop me a line once you know it a little!
I ordered it and canceled my order twice when it first came out.

Not because it doesn’t seem amazing, but because I’m trying to pay off enough debt to quit nursing.

A few reviews made me realize that since most of my listening is portable, and my desktop setup made it clear how much I was missing with my es100, I would get more than enough value from it to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #824 of 1,383
I ordered it and canceled my order twice when I first came out.

Ouch! :p

Not because it doesn’t seem amazing, but because I’m trying to pay off enough debt to quit nursing.

I keep my fingers crosssed that you'll sort that debt soon!

A few reviews made me realize that since most of my listening is portable, and my desktop setup made it clear how much I was missing with my es100, I would get more than enough value from it to make it worthwhile.

hip-dac is a cool portable product for its asking price, we wanted to go above it on performance and many folks here seem to be happy about it, so hopefully you will be too :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 17, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #825 of 1,383
Ouch! :p

I keep my fingers crosssed that you'll sort that debt soon!

hip-dac is a cool portable product for its asking price, we wanted to go above it on performance and many folks here seem to be happy about it, so hopefully you will be too :)
I’ve been dying to try an iFi product for a while now. Seeing the Burr-Brown multibit portions of your converters has piqued my interest further.

Any chance you’d just straight up produce a DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back