Dr. Dre and his Beats.
Feb 5, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #46 of 55
It's 90% marketing and product placement; most people who buy beats couldn't care less how they sound, it's just a fashion accessory, ditto skullcandy. People who buy beats are not going to suddenly start digging deeper into other options, they are just going to buy whatever is shown on MTV.

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #47 of 55
Feb 5, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #48 of 55
Yeah, I found the P5s' sonic performance rather underwhelming compared to other supra-aural headphones. They don't have the imaging and the speed of the HD25s, nor the soundstage and warmth of the ESW9s, and are less resolving than both of them.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they're bad headphones, though. The P5s do perform respectably, and aren't as overpriced as Bose or Beats, although I think they are still overpriced.

Feb 6, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #53 of 55

Quote:
The problem is they aren't really audiophile headphones... We have audiophiles (Head-Fi), and "audiophiles" (Beats, Bose etc.).

How could Dre know what good headphones are when he doesn't know what good music is?

Oh yes, I went there.
very_evil_smiley.gif

sounds like you don't either.

oh yes, i went there. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

it entertains me to no end how much the mention of beats on these forums quickly turns into flame thrower fodder.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #55 of 55

Quote:
As **** as Dre's headphones are, anyone who's heard his production knows he doesn't use them to mix at the very least. He know's what he's doing there.

OH JESUS, your avatar....why you do dat to kirby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back