Double Helix Cables Thread
Dec 11, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,306 of 2,056
I am not trying to advocate Peter's style of communicating with clients, merely hinting on importance of remembering he is a real person just like anybody else, us included. Do we reply all e-mails, business and private in timely manner? Or do we met all and every deadline? Yes, I understand the difference between client and business owner, but, again, DHC is a home based tiny enterprise run by a person who may have a lot of other occupations besides answering mails or building cables. Please, have a little patience, and it will be rewarded, for sure!)

I work in a small but rather busy engineering firm, while we don’t’ meet all dead line and reply all email /revision/ questions instantly, we certainly get grilled if an email sits for more than 3 days without response, and pants on fire rush + overtime if project is more than a day overdue.

Maybe I’m just used to this work pace but shouldn’t expect others to do so. but still doesn’t change the fact that its frustrating when 3 emails each at about 20 days apart gets ignored.

Guess I’ll wait until after holiday and see what happens.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,308 of 2,056
My experience with DHC was very good, but I could understand that others are not so happy as I am. Did you try to write using DHC online contact form? Or, sending private message to Peter on this forum?

Haven't trying sending him private message so far
***but been sending him email through the email account he used to respond the contact form.***
edit, nope just checked, it's the email used for payment and his previous email exchanges.
I'll try forum PM if I still don't hear anything back by Christmas.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #1,310 of 2,056
Any luck getting ahold of him or getting your order?

unfortunately, not yet.

I sent him another email after the new year, but just always, the email dropped into the void of no return.

not sure message him ion forum woudlwork anymore.. seems like he hasn't been active here since 2016.

and my HD800 has been without a cable since Sept....=__=

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #1,311 of 2,056
My new toy. Prion4 XLR to 6.3 adapter. Purchased during Black Friday sale. Beautiful work. IMG_20180209_140018695.jpg

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #1,312 of 2,056
So he is indeed operating....

but just ignores every email and PM I have been sending him

NICE

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #1,313 of 2,056
I have a few 4.4mm balanced cables for my Sony DAP. I'm looking to purchase the 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male ultrashort adapter ($119.99) so that I can use the same cables for my QP1R which is single-ended only. Emailed DHC for pictures as I was worried that any adapter without pigtail cables would put strain on the 3.5mm socket, however they didn't have any.

So, has anyone here bought the adapter? And would you be kind enough to share a photo of it? Thanks in advance.

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #1,314 of 2,056
I have a few 4.4mm balanced cables for my Sony DAP. I'm looking to purchase the 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male ultrashort adapter ($119.99) so that I can use the same cables for my QP1R which is single-ended only. Emailed DHC for pictures as I was worried that any adapter without pigtail cables would put strain on the 3.5mm socket, however they didn't have any.

So, has anyone here bought the adapter? And would you be kind enough to share a photo of it? Thanks in advance.
I bought a 4.4 female to a 2.5 plug, not bad at all, it’s not heavy at all, I’ll post a couple of pictures tomorrow.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #1,315 of 2,056

At least DHC answered back to you.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #1,316 of 2,056
To deal with Peter Bradstock's indifference, there's not much one could do unless you're sending him your hard earned money via PayPal

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
https://www.paypal.com/na/selfhelp/...tion-claim-within-a-certain-timeframe-FAQ1417

And that must be done within 180 days as shown above, most likely he did read your e-mail / PMs etc. while he could simply pretend that everything was lost or something. To even get his slightest attention, usually the first step should be threatening to file a dispute via PayPal (within 180 days) since that's pretty much the only thing that could hurt his own PayPal account. If there were still no replies whatsoever, go ahead to file that dispute for real so that he's gonna deal with PayPal instead of you.

Later on he'll give you some lame excuses when he's trying to "explain" what's going on. Basically he ain't doing anything unless he's actually forced (by PayPal) to get off his ass. Other than that, good luck your money since he might or might not feel like making whatever cable(s) you actually paid for.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #1,317 of 2,056

Here some pictures about my ultrashort adapter, works very well, but like quite few people in this thread dealing with Peter is not the best, I ordered them inn October and I receive them last week, too of emails and just few responses.

IMG_4539.jpg
IMG_4540.jpg
IMG_4541.jpg

Here is another adapter made by Music Sanctuary for my AK, it's not ultrashort, but the customer service is top level!

IMG_4546.jpg
IMG_4547.jpg

Feb 20, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,318 of 2,056
To deal with Peter Bradstock's indifference, there's not much one could do unless you're sending him your hard earned money via PayPal

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security
https://www.paypal.com/na/selfhelp/...tion-claim-within-a-certain-timeframe-FAQ1417

And that must be done within 180 days as shown above, most likely he did read your e-mail / PMs etc. while he could simply pretend that everything was lost or something. To even get his slightest attention, usually the first step should be threatening to file a dispute via PayPal (within 180 days) since that's pretty much the only thing that could hurt his own PayPal account. If there were still no replies whatsoever, go ahead to file that dispute for real so that he's gonna deal with PayPal instead of you.

Later on he'll give you some lame excuses when he's trying to "explain" what's going on. Basically he ain't doing anything unless he's actually forced (by PayPal) to get off his ass. Other than that, good luck your money since he might or might not feel like making whatever cable(s) you actually paid for.

I sent him the money on late September last year.

It's been 5 months, looksl ike I have to take the action soon.

The trickey thing is I also sent him my cable to be retermintated, which is another 500 dollar that's not considered in this tranaction.

But yeah.... I may have to file a paypal dispute and start questioning him on every social media he uses to get some response out of him

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,319 of 2,056
Screw it, escalated the issue through Paypal.
Paypal suggested to contact him regarding to the issue, which I already did so.

The email listed by PayPal is a dead email that will get bounced back if you ever plan to contact him that way.

the Gmail account is like sending messages to a blackhole with no response.

For anyone planning to purchase a cable or any sort of service from Peter, please beware of his behavior.
He may be fairly response prior to receiving the order, but will just completely ignore you afte he received the money.

It's your money, you can choose to deal/not deal with him at your own risk.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #1,320 of 2,056
Oh dear. I can't risk that then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back