Double Helix Cables Thread
May 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,336 of 2,056
They all do amazing work. But by the time you get your cables it will be a different season outside, you'll probably have a birthday that came and went, or you might even forget that you ordered a cable in the first place. The ones I've bought from have hit or miss customer service and communication skills. And if I had to guess, little to no grasp of FIFO.

So good luck!

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #1,337 of 2,056
All I ordered was a few diy parts 2 weeks ago, still says processing. Now I read thru here, and I'm assuming I should just file a dispute with my credit card company since these people take forever to ship. They already charged me, I would have hoped for simple sleeving and a y split it would have been sent out quick but apparently even responding to 3 emails asking what the deal is, is too hard. That's just pathetic really.

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,338 of 2,056
You don’t order from dhc if your a step from credit card reversal. This isn’t Best Buy or amazone

Jun 6, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #1,340 of 2,056
Oh you can be upset, not sure how that helps.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,341 of 2,056
You don’t order from dhc if your a step from credit card reversal. This isn’t Best Buy or amazone

If they responded to emails I wouldn't have to do that. If they responded and said they would have it out within 2 weeks or something I would wait. The problem is, they charged, then no contact. It's not how businesses should work at all. I am not having him build a cable for me, just parts I'm sure he already has in stock. I can't stand people who don't respond to their customers or seem to give half a crap. I've dealt with several small companies, and head fi members who maybe are slow to respond, and that's fine its understandable. But after reading thru here it seems like people are just ignored.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #1,342 of 2,056
I get it, but this is a purchase in advance co. I’m not defending but it’s always been like that, prions and premium cables get preference...patience is more than a virtue, it’s necessary

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,343 of 2,056
I get it, but this is a purchase in advance co. I’m not defending but it’s always been like that, prions and premium cables get preference...patience is more than a virtue, it’s necessary

Then hire more people, train, and do the small items instead of husband and wife company to do all.
Stop being being cheap.

Ordered mine IC since August 2017. Still no ETA. Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,344 of 2,056

Ya, well I'm in the wrong for not reading up on that first. I just needed some diy parts and for whatever reason found myself on the dhc site. I'll just wait. I'll stop complaining since my purchase was next to nothing.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #1,345 of 2,056
Then hire more people, train, and do the small items instead of husband and wife company to do all.
Stop being being cheap.

Wait nope, now I'm back to being pissed for everyone else's sake and not my own. That, is ridiculous! It'll take a year for me to get 20 bucks in diy parts, screw this. Gonna chalk up a slight loss here as lesson learned, I'll order somewhere else

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,346 of 2,056

I can say for a fact that the expensive cables don't get preferred treatment. I aired my complaints earlier in this thread for a $1500 IEM cable that certainly didn't get preference.

In the end, it doesn't matter the amount that's spent, it's feeling valued as a customer. Be an apologist if you want and make excuses not knowing what's really going on, but I can tell you my $1500 order got no better treatment than a few bucks worth of parts.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,347 of 2,056
The "it's not amazon" it's not an acceptable justification for completely ignoring customers who paid in advance IMO.
But that's the whole point, it's "IMO".
Other people may consider this an acceptable price to pay for the value for money content they get.
Time will tell if this is a successful strategy from the cable builder side or eventually customers will be less and less and they will have to change approach or shut down for no business.

I get it, they start with a one man show operation, they get some visibility on the forums and the demand explodes in their hands without them being ready or willing to grow their structure and fixed costs.

Please note this comment is not specific to DHC but valid for similar small operations in the audiophile business.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #1,348 of 2,056
The "it's not amazon" it's not an acceptable justification for completely ignoring customers who paid in advance IMO.
But that's the whole point, it's "IMO".
Other people may consider this an acceptable price to pay for the value for money content they get.
Time will tell if this is a successful strategy from the cable builder side or eventually customers will be less and less and they will have to change approach or shut down for no business.

I get it, they start with a one man show operation, they get some visibility on the forums and the demand explodes in their hands without them being ready or willing to grow their structure and fixed costs.

Please note this comment is not specific to DHC but valid for similar small operations in the audiophile business.

Just my $0.02

Definitely true for Revelation Audio Labs, except they're downright felonious. Forza's been alright to me, but they've completely not responded to a few emails, but nothing on this level.

Edit:

Also, Ray Samuels has been very decent to work with, as has Birgir from Mjolnir Audio and even Gavin from Tralucent.

The point is, there are some good mom and pop shops out there and not-so-good ones. As consumers we have the right to share our experiences, ultimately "voting with our feet."

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,349 of 2,056
Stop being being cheap.

August 2017, I'm way past that date in the build queue. Perhaps it fell through the cracks, shoot me an email? If an order ever gets forgotten like that, I fix it ASAP. DIY parts I am constantly deluged with orders, Eidolic is a hot seller so it's nonstop packaging and the wait can be a few days. A few times my printer has eaten a label which has delayed someone's order. 2 years ago I brought home baby #1, a truly insane baby, so it's been more hectic. I'll try to keep a better eye on this thread. As always if I miss an email, send another. It's the last thing I do before bed and the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning - emailing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back