Double Helix Cables Thread
Feb 9, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #646 of 2,056
  I was thinking hard about ponying-up $250 for the Mini Complement4 portable interconnect (AK120ii>Vorzuge Pure II), but dang, knowing my impatience, I'll be pulling out my hair waiting upwards of 6 months (3 months would be bad enough).  LMAO, this likely saved me $$ I can use on something more impactful.  I do love the look/apparent build quality of DHC cables, however.

Comp4's tend to ship faster than other cables as they are Peter's focus right now.  

Just food for thought.... :)

Feb 14, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #648 of 2,056
Feb 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #649 of 2,056

What's the difference between Comp4 and Spores?

From the DHC website:

The apotheosis of our Complement4 technology is the Spore4.  This is the most well-protected, isolated cable DHC has ever offered.

Individual custom foil shields.  Each Integrated Wire is hand-wrapped in a custom, ultra-fine foil layer to screen out high-frequency noise.

Individual custom kevlar/nickel hybrid braid shields.  This military-grade material is one of the most light & flexible metal shields we know of.  It allows us to expand the protection of each Integrated Wire while preserving comfort as much as possible.  Strong, low-frequency interference is routed to signal ground.​
Individually sleeved wire.   Each signal strand features our custom sleeve for our legendary Spore look.  ​

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #650 of 2,056
From the DHC website:

The apotheosis of our Complement4 technology is the Spore4.  This is the most well-protected, isolated cable DHC has ever offered.

Individual custom foil shields.  Each Integrated Wire is hand-wrapped in a custom, ultra-fine foil layer to screen out high-frequency noise.

Individual custom kevlar/nickel hybrid braid shields.  This military-grade material is one of the most light & flexible metal shields we know of.  It allows us to expand the protection of each Integrated Wire while preserving comfort as much as possible.  Strong, low-frequency interference is routed to signal ground.​

Individually sleeved wire.   Each signal strand features our custom sleeve for our legendary Spore look.  ​

Thanks.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #651 of 2,056
Just got my 6-strand Symbiotic Fusion cable from Peter along with an AK120II. It's only a little bit of an exaggeration to say I ordered the AK from him just to get the cables faster (I would have gotten it locally same-day instead of waiting for the unit along with the cable). 

Anyway, even while I was setting up the AK, I listened to the cable on my Westone W60s with the balanced to unbalanced adapter also supplied by Peter, using an iPhone. The difference from the stock cables was pretty startling. More than I expected.

And the cables in combination with the AK...The sound is literally hallucinogenitically good. I can't concentrate on work...I keep seeing things :)

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #653 of 2,056
  the 6 strand is a piece of art. The braiding is so beautiful!

Yeah, it is. I don't know whether the 6 strands make a difference in the sound. I'd love to hear any opinions on that. 

I never thought I'd spend this much on a cable, but I fully expecting to be using this cable decades from now. That's not something I can say about any other piece of portable audio equipment I own. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #655 of 2,056
That sounds awesome, zachawry!

Does anyone have any experience with his interconnects, specifically in the context of a two channel living room hi-fi system? Namely, with the Chaperone cables? I've been considering Audience's AU24 SE, Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II, and Cardas Clear (or Clear Light), or some combination thereof, in addition to at least one run of the Chaperones. I supose I'm mostly concerned about soundstage depth and overall imaging, whatnot. Ostensibly they'd be just as good for standard hi-fi listenin' as they would be with headphone-based systems....

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #656 of 2,056
Looking forward to my 8 braid copper silver litz fusion cable for my 846, im only a month waiting so a newbie

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #657 of 2,056
Fusion 6-wire. After 200 hours the DHC'ed 846 opened up - better clarity, refinement, detail, bass definition, etc. If you are impatiently waiting for your cable, be patient, these are worth the wait. And please give it time to settle down. I do have minor MMX connector issue w/c may require cable to go back at some point. The cable is not cheap at half the price of the IEM but lives up to its high reputation.

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #658 of 2,056
  Fusion 6-wire. After 200 hours the DHC'ed 846 opened up - better clarity, refinement, detail, bass definition, etc. If you are impatiently waiting for your cable, be patient, these are worth the wait. And please give it time to settle down. I do have minor MMX connector issue w/c may require cable to go back at some point. The cable is not cheap at half the price of the IEM but lives up to its high reputation.

You really think the cable settles down? Right now I'm loving it, but it's almost too much. The sound is so clear, so clean...sometimes I find it's almost overpowering. This in combo with the AK120II. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #659 of 2,056

Hi,

May I know which amp are you using with ipod classic? 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back