Double Helix Cables Thread
Jan 7, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #616 of 2,056
  Sorry for the slowness guys.  I'm in the process of moving into my first house.  I will have enough space at the new place for two work setups so that my wife can do the "easy" stuff as she learns the ropes and things will speed up dramatically.  

I just placed my order over the holiday so I'm not complaining...=) but I can't wait to get my cable...I think that goes for everyone...=P

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #617 of 2,056
  well, i'm also waiting on an order - about 16 weeks now and the last few emails I dropped Peter have all been "any day now". i love the quality of these cables, but this order is surely testing my patience!

I waited a while for my double helix cable for the Shure 846 but it was worth it in the end.
Mind when I got cables for my W60 I did go to Moon Audio cos I was impatient.

In the old days when a lot more items were bespoke I guess our parents/grandparents had more patience.
Our kids will be worse than we are.

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #618 of 2,056
  Sorry for the slowness guys.  I'm in the process of moving into my first house.  I will have enough space at the new place for two work setups so that my wife can do the "easy" stuff as she learns the ropes and things will speed up dramatically.  

Hi Peter,

When do you think you will be shipping early November orders?

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #619 of 2,056
This is how much I appreciate DHC Cables!!

My ONLY and most-trusted reference at CES - for my Audeze LCD-XCs:

and here's this wonderful older women (Janet) whom I blew away w/ my XCs and Comp4 Extreme at the Audeze booth at CES!
She and her husband each bought a pair after this!!!!

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #620 of 2,056
That's nice! In my experience, you will rarely see women who are into audiophilia. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #621 of 2,056
             DHC cables

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #622 of 2,056
hey guys, i'm not sure if everyone here saw this post on the DHC Facebook, but Peter recently suffered a small injury and will be out of commission for a short while. here's hoping he feels better soon (and not just because my order is still in the queue :p )

https://www.facebook.com/dhcaudio/posts/759180740833632:0

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #624 of 2,056
  hey guys, i'm not sure if everyone here saw this post on the DHC Facebook, but Peter recently suffered a small injury and will be out of commission for a short while. here's hoping he feels better soon (and not just because my order is still in the queue :p )

Here here!

I've been thinking about Peter a lot lately,
especially since his cables weren't merely w/ me Everywhere I went at CES - 
but his cables were part of the Audeze - Oculus - Subpac demo,
as well as the Audeze booth!!!!

SO proud of him for that

Peter is making a quick recovery.  He's a tough one.

I just happen to receive an email from him this morning say my cable is shipping today.

Oh, yeah, he also included a picture...

I can't wait!

you have a BIG reason to be psyched bro.
Those cables changed (for the better) my level of musical engagement w/ my HD800s to the point where I don't just enjoy them anymore,
I LOVE em!!!!

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #625 of 2,056
I placed an order on October 10...based on the thread...I am not the only one waiting.  This was a cable for Astell and Kern balanced output...Cannot wait to use it.  Hopefully I see it soon.

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #626 of 2,056

The link is broken. I have an order I placed on November 11th and am patiently awaiting its arrival. ...

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #627 of 2,056

The link is broken. I have an order I placed on November 11th and am patiently awaiting its arrival. ...

hey jwbrent,

looks like they have removed the post from their facebook page - it basically said Peter had an injured foot and would be back to work in a few days (think it was posted on Jan 14th/15th). DH Cables are worth the wait - just wish it wasn't *quite* so long. Order placed on September 12th  and (im) patiently awaiting its arrival ...

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #629 of 2,056

hey jwbrent,

looks like they have removed the post from their facebook page - it basically said Peter had an injured foot and would be back to work in a few days (think it was posted on Jan 14th/15th). DH Cables are worth the wait - just wish it wasn't *quite* so long. Order placed on September 12th  and (im) patiently awaiting its arrival ...

Thank you, monkeygod, for your post. I'm familiar with Peter's work since I bought a cable from him earlier last year. My current order is for another cable for my LCD-XCs.

Yes, his craftsmanship is top notch and the improved performance over a stock cable is quite apparent. I just wish the estimate of delivery was more precisely stated. I understand Peter has moved and his business has grown, but creating expectations and then missing them by weeks is not a good business practice. Additionally, I'm sure his email is overwhelming, but not responding is also not good for business.

I suppose I'm venting a bit here ... us audiophiles generally like to receive our goods asap, especially when an order has been fully paid for in advance which is a requirement of Peter's.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #630 of 2,056
Does anyone know if re-terminations would take less time, or do they just fall into the que with cable orders?  Thought I'd just ask here since Peter is no doubt very busy.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back