Double Helix Cables Thread
Nov 28, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #601 of 2,056

I will *treat* you to a beer when you finish my order...since I'm local... :)

Peter will get it to you.
I don't know if that guy even sleeps (hell, I know I need to sleep more BECAUSE of his damn cables - my systems are sounding so damn good right now).

I gotta say - if you have a dual-XLR output on your amp - you MUST try the new Comp4s - I'm hearing new details in albums I've been crankin' for years!
He's an artisan!!

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #602 of 2,056
  Peter will get it to you.
I don't know if that guy even sleeps (hell, I know I need to sleep more BECAUSE of his damn cables - my systems are sounding so damn good right now).

I gotta say - if you have a dual-XLR output on your amp - you MUST try the new Comp4s - I'm hearing new details in albums I've been crankin' for years!
He's an artisan!!

I am stilling searching cables that bring out the emotion in music and are clear as possible.  So far, with the cables I've tried, it has been either emotion or clear but not both.  What power cords are you using on your Liquid Gold amp and dac?  Do you have a power conditioner?  If so, what name brand and model?

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #603 of 2,056

I am stilling searching cables that bring out the emotion in music and are clear as possible.  So far, with the cables I've tried, it has been either emotion or clear but not both.  What power cords are you using on your Liquid Gold amp and dac?  Do you have a power conditioner?  If so, what name brand and model?

Hey there!

I'm using Nordost Heimdall 2 power cords on all my reference gear - and I use a power distribution system also made by Nordost - Called Quantum Power (or, QRT). I'm using a QB8 (main power stage w/ 8 outlets) along w/ a Qv2 and a bunch of QK1s (plug ins - also for lowering the noise-floor).

I highly recommend Nordost cables for delivering the sonic/dynamic goods as well as emotive impact!
I also find that DHC and Nordost really compliment each other nicely!

Before Nordost came out with a headphone cable I used to call Peter the "Nordost of headphone cables"!
But - he still builds headphone cables that I prefer on my Audezes!!!!

I'm glad you asked about power - as many Head-Fiers under-estimate the importance of solid power delivery,
But that's VITAL!

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #604 of 2,056
Peter seems disappeared after 28th :-/  I was asking him questions and if I've not annoying him too much, he must be very busy in making cables for Michael Mercer........

Update: Turns out Peter was sick. Wish him can gets better soon. :frowning2:

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #605 of 2,056
  Hey there!

I'm using Nordost Heimdall 2 power cords on all my reference gear - and I use a power distribution system also made by Nordost - Called Quantum Power (or, QRT). I'm using a QB8 (main power stage w/ 8 outlets) along w/ a Qv2 and a bunch of QK1s (plug ins - also for lowering the noise-floor).

I highly recommend Nordost cables for delivering the sonic/dynamic goods as well as emotive impact!
I also find that DHC and Nordost really compliment each other nicely!

Before Nordost came out with a headphone cable I used to call Peter the "Nordost of headphone cables"!
But - he still builds headphone cables that I prefer on my Audezes!!!!

I'm glad you asked about power - as many Head-Fiers under-estimate the importance of solid power delivery,
But that's VITAL!

Yes I agree on the importance of good power and I’m using LessLoss power cords that I like very much, especially the signature.

Mike you have so many DHC headphone cables that you seems to love, but can you if you had to pic only one say which one is your favorite for Audeze LCD 2/3 F?

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #606 of 2,056
Hi all, I'm new to HiFi and would like advice for cable.  I'm just using the Sony NWZ-A17 Hi Res Walkman and Sony XBA-H3 (have a set of Shure 425 as well) and would like a set of new set of cables for the Sony IEM.  Currently looking at the DHC Symbiote SE Peptide Hybird silver plated OCC copper cable, can some one give me some advice of this setup?

Thank you,

Eric

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #607 of 2,056
  Hi all, I'm new to HiFi and would like advice for cable.  I'm just using the Sony NWZ-A17 Hi Res Walkman and Sony XBA-H3 (have a set of Shure 425 as well) and would like a set of new set of cables for the Sony IEM.  Currently looking at the DHC Symbiote SE Peptide Hybird silver plated OCC copper cable, can some one give me some advice of this setup?

Thank you,

Eric

Welcome to Head-Fi!  Don't know about the set up, but can tell you that the quality of DHC cables is top notch and you won't be disappointed.

Dec 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #611 of 2,056
An epic cable, adapter and interconnect order just landed...a few days before Christmas.  I'm beyond pleased with the improvements in my rig based on initial listening.  From top to bottom (roughly):

*2.5mm TRRS-to-ALO balanced mini silver OCC interconnect
* 3.5mm-to-4-pin XLR silver OCC adapter
*ALO balanced mini-to-4-pin XLR copper litz adapter
*Lower left - DHC Molecule Elite Fusion silver/copper OCC headphone cable for Alpha Primes, terminated with 4-pin XLR
*Center - on top is the angled ALO balanced mini male-to-2.5mm TTRS female; on bottom is a Furutech 3.5mm-to-6.8mm (1/4-inch) single-ended adapter
*Left - DHC Symbiote V2 SP 8-wire OCC silver CIEM cable, terminated with 2.5mm TRRS balanced connector (attached to my Clear Tune Monitors CT-500 Pro CIEMS)

Workmanship on everything is top notch; I'm so impressed with the quality.  Peter was also quite awesome to work with, helping me build an order that enables me to enjoy a wide range of configurations for different listening situations, including bringing a new AK240 into the mix with my existing ALO International.  Peter also procured that AK240 plus accessories for a very nice total package that, in one fell swoop, upgrades my listening experience substantially.  And, I'm pretty much all set for adding a balanced desktop amp (I'm looking at you, Cavalli) in the next year or so.  

Listening to this rig right now, and I'm in another world...

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #612 of 2,056
Just went ahead and ordered DHC Symbiote SE - Premium type 4 litz IEM Peptide Hybrid balanced cable from Cypher Labs Duet to Shure 846 and DHC OCC Silver Single Strand interconnect (balanced) for my future AK120II to Duet...can't wait until I get them!!!

Eric

Jan 7, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #614 of 2,056
well, i'm also waiting on an order - about 16 weeks now and the last few emails I dropped Peter have all been "any day now". i love the quality of these cables, but this order is surely testing my patience!

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #615 of 2,056
Sorry for the slowness guys.  I'm in the process of moving into my first house.  I will have enough space at the new place for two work setups so that my wife can do the "easy" stuff as she learns the ropes and things will speed up dramatically.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back