Double Helix Cables Thread
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #196 of 2,056
Okay, pics of HFM cable before I get my DHC cable for it. Top (or very left) is a meh/budget Ultralink OFC copper RCA IC, Middle is a DHC Symbiote SE, Bottom (or very right) is the HE-500 cable. The 500 cables are quite thin in comparison to an IEM cable... First pic is after the split, second is before split. Both DHC and HFM cables in the picture are 4 wire.

EDIT: GG, ya you're right. It's SPC according to Moon Audio, but "silver" according to Head Direct. I think they are SPC as well

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #197 of 2,056
Has anyone noticed extra long delays on DHC cable orders? I ordered my DHC Symbiote SE Litz OCC Copper cable during December last year and haven't heard a peep. I don't want to harass Peter because I understand that he handmakes the cables and understand the "specialness" of his work, but I'm starting to wonder if my order has been forgotten or something.

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #200 of 2,056
If you're worried, give him a gentle shout over an email? That's the best way to find the answer to your question 
etysmile.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #201 of 2,056
Quote:
If you're worried, give him a gentle shout over an email? That's the best way to find the answer to your question 
etysmile.gif

I'm actually worried because I didn't get a response to my last email. I hate to bug people about stuff like this when it's handmade and in high demand, but maybe I'll email again soon.

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #202 of 2,056
Quote:

I'm actually worried because I didn't get a response to my last email. I hate to bug people about stuff like this when it's handmade and in high demand, but maybe I'll email again soon.

Hmm I guess Peter is just super busy lately. It's been a while since I've talked to him so I supposed he's just packed with things. Seeing how his order time is 6+ weeks Approx, it's hard to argue that Peter is just chillaxing at home doing nothing 
biggrin.gif
. You will get your cable soon, in fact, my cables are delivering as we speak... But... I have class today and the only people at my house consists of a sleeping brother and a father who doesn't speak english... Ehh time to pick it up tomorrow and upload the pics tomorrow.

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #203 of 2,056
The wait is over. I announce to you, a prototype. Thanks a million to Peter again for giving me the opportunity to own such a work of art. This is literally the most beautiful cable I have laid eyes on...

Looks great, feels great, sounds great (brand new, need a lot more hours to say more).

DHC 12-wire Peptide Square Sinnet Hybrid, 6 SPC litz, 6 OCC. Pure art...

Have a look yourself. (I'm broke and had to use iPhone 4 for pics... Someone donate me a DSLR 
tongue.gif
)

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A PROTOTYPE. NOT FOR SALE

^ Sinnet. 6 SPC, 6 OCC. Just remarkable...

^ Again, flippin amazing talent... It boggles my mind how Peter braided this cable...

^ Not too thick, not too thin.

^ Super compact braiding.

^ Above is my DHC Symbiote SE, below is the 12-wire Sinnet.

^ Above is the 12-wire Sinnet, below is the inferior Hifiman 4-wire SPC. Braiding wise, it's PhD vs Kindergarten. Yes, the Hifiman cables are pretty rubbish.

^ Again, DHC on top, HFM on bottom.

^ This angle makes it look like it has 4-wires, but there's 3 SPC and 3 OCC.

^ Midterms, excuse my textbook.

^ Try to look for the 3-on-3 wiring.

Well, there you have it. So far, I'm loving these cables. I want these as my EVERY cable now...

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #207 of 2,056
Fantastic looking cable, Pete is definitely talented. Congratulations on your acquisition!

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #208 of 2,056
I received my Symbiote SE in the mail yesterday. My worries were completely unfounded.

The cable is beautiful... if only I had my Miracles so I could use it! I literally just sent my right earpiece for a remould due to fit issues so I'm stuck with a dead sexy cable and only one ear piece! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #209 of 2,056
I received my Symbiote SE in the mail yesterday. My worries were completely unfounded.

The cable is beautiful... if only I had my Miracles so I could use it! I literally just sent my right earpiece for a remould due to fit issues so I'm stuck with a dead sexy cable and only one ear piece! 
biggrin.gif

I ordered the same cable today. Now just need to be patient :disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back