Double Helix Cables Thread
Feb 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #181 of 2,056
I'm taking a break from Headfi.  I'm extremely busy.  I don't always have time to talk to my friends.  

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #182 of 2,056
Thank you Planx for attempting to acquire some better pictures.  (IPodPJ I hope your friend Peter is ok)  I will be making my purchase today and I have just one more questions. what is the general conscience on right angles terminations. Do people prefer straight over right angled?  I have decided to do with the Symbiote  SE Litz OCC in transparent-black Peptide. Below I have attached a image from the site and was curious of any one could let me know what braid that cable is. I believe it is the rounded braid. 

(It looks like I can not insert a image yet to the forums. I have uploaded the image to imgur.com (http://i.imgur.com/bzeA3Jr.jpg) )

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #184 of 2,056
I also was a winner if the DHC Halloween contest ! I think he said i was 3rd . Anyway my choice was the" legend ". It was the one with many tiny cables beaded ,I think he may of messed up cause I got the "Baphomet"
By accident .oh well the cable was givin to me who am I to complane ,it sounds great ! The soundstage really sounds better and the bass is tighter .the only thing is this cord is a wider heavier cord and not only that attracts alot of atterntion .now for a 44 year old guy just looking to listin to a little music i get uncomfortable having everybody looking at my cable asking about it lol .it really is a beautyfull cable but i rather have something less bling bling ...
If anyone would be interested in a trade or buy let me know .i used it for maby 1day ( 3hrs )
http://www.doublehelixcables.com/contest3.html

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #185 of 2,056
Yes that's the round braid.
It's totally up to the person if they like right or straight. Usually people go for right for stacks of portable/transportable gear. I got mine in straight because I use my iPhone only with my IEMs, meaning straight is better for pockets. Congrats, give the cable around 80 hours of burn in to settle.
Quote:
Thank you Planx for attempting to acquire some better pictures.  (IPodPJ I hope your friend Peter is ok)  I will be making my purchase today and I have just one more questions. what is the general conscience on right angles terminations. Do people prefer straight over right angled?  I have decided to do with the Symbiote  SE Litz OCC in transparent-black Peptide. Below I have attached a image from the site and was curious of any one could let me know what braid that cable is. I believe it is the rounded braid. 

(It looks like I can not insert a image yet to the forums. I have uploaded the image to imgur.com (http://i.imgur.com/bzeA3Jr.jpg) )

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #186 of 2,056
Quote:
Well could not wait any longer just pulled the trigger. Thanks all for helping me make my decision I will post my thoughts once I receive the cable. So Excited  Thanks again everyone.

Crusarian, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about the cable you chose.  I ordered the Symbiote SE Hybrid probably about a week before you placed your order, for use with my UE 900's, and will post my thoughts after I receive it.  I chose the straight Oyaide Rhodium because that's the only one I know for sure will fit in my iPhone case.  Ultimately, I will have to decide whether to order the same for a different IEM that I will be purchasing, or maybe the Symbiote SE like you did (without silver).  By the way, did you end up going with the round or square braid?  I chose the square. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #187 of 2,056

Here is a pic of my prize .
It really is a beautyfull cord , everwhere I go people ask me about it . And the soundstage is amazing. I know this isn't the proper place for my post here , but I am open to trade something around the same value , only not as big .

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #188 of 2,056
[/IMG]

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #189 of 2,056
Hello I sent you a second PM.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #193 of 2,056
Well I just traded in my HE-400 for the HE-500 and already I dislike the stock silver cable (I'm pretty sure it's silver not SPC). I am patiently (trying to) waiting for my prototype DHC cables to arrive for my HE-500... Really a beautiful cable, you will just have to wait to see it.

Edit: SPC, not silver. Confusing sites...

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #195 of 2,056
Well, they should reconsider this cable... Why is it so damn stiff??????? It's almost like memory wire at every single point of the cable, but it's absolutely useless aesthetically speaking. I'll upload a pic to compare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back