Double Helix Cables Thread
Jan 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #166 of 2,056
Quote:
[/RIGHT]got the cables & adapter today,hooked them up to my Emotiva speaker amp.
They sound fantastic,bass seems a little deeper,and treble is clean & crisp

I,m more than happy with this cable---I should have contacted Peter,long before this.

Tnx,
Mike

Congrats on the cable Mike. I should be posting a few pics of my new cable once it arrives.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #167 of 2,056
Quote:

Congrats on the cable Mike. I should be posting a few pics of my new cable once it arrives.

Please do..
Planx,which ones did you get ,& for what headphones?

Running 3 days now,DHC cable..Emo amp...he-6's.....unbelievable..its like I found a new hobby.
If I was any closer to heaven,I'd be bumping into St. Peter.
Beautiful job.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #168 of 2,056
Quote:
Please do..
Planx,which ones did you get ,& for what headphones?

Running 3 days now,DHC cable..Emo amp...he-6's.....unbelievable..its like I found a new hobby.
If I was any closer to heaven,I'd be bumping into St. Peter.
Beautiful job.

Peter is making me a custom Sinnet cable with 6? wires? I sort of forgot the details of it. It's for the HE-400/500. It's more of an experimental cable.

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #169 of 2,056
Sounds interesting
Do you have a link??
Any further info on the website?

Jan 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #170 of 2,056
Quote:
Sounds interesting
Do you have a link??
Any further info on the website?

No, as I said, this is an experimental cable so I don't think Peter intends on releasing it yet to his site, but seeing how amazing it looks via pictures, it is a worthy consideration.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #174 of 2,056
Just wanted to share my Halloween competition prize, it's a bit late but you know what they say.

It's a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect. Enjoy! 
L3000.gif

Top notch Double Helix Cable build quality!

Check that sexy braiding out!

What the colours actually look like.

Taking interconnects to a new level.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #175 of 2,056
Hi all hoping this post gets to the right hands. I recently bought the UE 900 and am looking to upgrade the cables to a set of Double Helix Cables. I am a bit confused on what the difference between the following. See option 1, option 2.  I have read the options of both but this is the first time I have delved in this deep with my audio obsession.  

Thanks all

Option 1 ( DHC Symbiote SE Hybrid )

Option 2 ( DHC Symbiote SE litz OCC )

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #176 of 2,056
Quote:
Hi all hoping this post gets to the right hands. I recently bought the UE 900 and am looking to upgrade the cables to a set of Double Helix Cables. I am a bit confused on what the difference between the following. See option 1, option 2.  I have read the options of both but this is the first time I have delved in this deep with my audio obsession.  

Thanks all

Option 1 ( DHC Symbiote SE Hybrid )

Option 2 ( DHC Symbiote SE litz OCC )

Option 1 is SPC (Silver Plated Copper) while option 2 is just OCC copper. I haven't tried the SPC to tell you the difference, but I think I remember someone telling me that SPC is a bit thinner? Not too sure

Jan 31, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #177 of 2,056
My experience with silver plated cables (not from DHC) has been disappointing. I have ordered option 2 for this reason, but haven't received yet to comment.

In my experience, the plating seems to detract from the coherence of the sound. The silver definitely adds air and opens the soundstage, but the mixture of metals makes the music less enjoyable to my ears.
I couldn't say exactly why, but I think it's a question of coherence. Perhaps the two metals create some tiny variation in when the different signals reach the drivers and that creates just enough interference to make a difference. I don't know - just a theory, but pure copper for me has been much more coherent and smooth than SPC.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #178 of 2,056
Thank you both for the reply. This is my first foray in to cable world and I appreciate all the advice I can acquire before making my purchase.  Would anyone happen to have a good picture of the difference between the Rounded cable style and Squared style? The pictures on the site are not very clear for me.

Feb 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #179 of 2,056
Quote:
Thank you both for the reply. This is my first foray in to cable world and I appreciate all the advice I can acquire before making my purchase.  Would anyone happen to have a good picture of the difference between the Rounded cable style and Squared style? The pictures on the site are not very clear for me.

I'll see if Peter has a few pics he can share here.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #180 of 2,056
Peter and I talk roughly every day about both of our cable brands and other things. He seems to have disappeared out of the blue as of more than a month ago (or round about) when lots of people were getting sick. I truly hope he's okay but I have not heard from him since which is extremely uncommon nor has he posted responses to others looking for him on Facebook. This is completely uncommon of him so I fear something might be seriously wrong. I don't think he has posted here either since end of November or early December.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back