Dont hate me cuz I'm beautiful
Dec 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 26
Ok, thanks.  Good to know.

rolleyes.gif

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 26
Hmm.  Im glad you've found a set of headphones that you enjoy.  Im really happy that you've discovered that no ears matter except your own.  Im not so happy you couldn't tell us this in a more constructive manner, rather than a destructive one.  

While this site has its share of problems, serious ones with some members, were mostly here to help, and while there are always going to be grumpy turd members who seem angry at everything they don't approve of, not everyone is like that.  

But on a positive note, I'm seriously happy for you, we need more members who find their own ways, who figure things out for themselves. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 26
I wasn't impressed with them, though i only had a short impression from the Apple store. I would pick up an Audio Technica ES7s over those, but thats just from preference in sound character

Just enjoy what you like regardless of what people think.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
LOL and just waiting for a lock.

Yeah, somebody go fetch U.E. There's a lot I could say, but I don't really need to.

/ignored

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #11 of 26
I don't get why it bothers you.  It's ultimately about what you like.  If someone hates on what you love, does it make you love it less?  Do you feel insecurity about your decisions that you need it to be justified for the forums?

If you love the P5, then that's great.  I still don't understand why one person's opinion offends another so much.  It should not force you to change your own opinion on it.  If you like it you like it, if you don't you don't.  I like bell peppers, my better half doesn't even consider it food.  Doesn't make them taste any less tasty to me.  I don't see how a bunch of people not liking a product should make you feel any less than you are.

And starting a whole post about this?  Something must have made you insanely angry.  Fanboying either way is useless.  Just trust your ears and ignore what others say.  If you want to buy exotic cables, do it.  If you want to buy Bose/Beats/other-hated-on brands, do it.  It's up to you.  And voicing your own opinion is great.  That's the point of a forum, an exchange of ideas and getting an idea of products some of us are not blessed to try.  Though I do agree that some members take a comment from another user like the gospel instead of taking the time to try it out for themselves.  There are so absurdly loved headphones I personally don't care for but will recommend as I can see merit in them and there are also products with a rather not so quiet disdain that I find sound wonderful.

Enjoy what you have and don't let others bother you.  It's not worth it.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
Before purchasing some Bowers.P5s, my google search inevitably brought me back here where I saw the P5s had been devoured by HeadFi stigmatosis. A combination of prejudice against style, combined with an early unfavorable post by a headphonus supremus nips in the bud any serious critiquing of a pair of phones. Instead and inevitably, swarms of posters begin an icesssant monotonous incantation whenever the victim phone is mentioned. In this case, the mantra is that p5s "don't sound like 300 dollar headphones." Do a search. It's a ****ing joke how often it has been repeated here, like so much else. What's worse is the pounding given to some poor newbie who dares express an opinion without checking on the conventional wisdom in this echo chamber. Needless to say, the chanters have for the overwhelming part never heard the product they are so robotically trashing, ot sometimes glorifying. And, no spending ten minutes crouched over a strapped down ipod touch at an apple store doesn't entitle you to a credible opinion. The truth about the p5,s? They are natural, liquid, spacious and balanced. The passive noise reduction design is the best I've seen. The highs and lows ARE complete and natural : complete bass notes and smooth, finished highs. And space between instruments that only expertly tuned high end phones provide. So sorry, Head Fi, except for in this forum and in the Republican House, a lie is still a lie no matter how oft repeated.

And Bose AE's can have liquid mids, perfectly textured, rich bass, and oh so smooth highs to someone who's never heard any better. What else have you used to compare these to? I've tried these with my Sony A726, which is a really warm player to begin with, so take this with a grain (or two) of salt. The mids aren't very liquid, as much as colored, to a confusing degree. Not the pleasing AT mids, like moreso. The bass was somewhat bloated (again, warm player.) and not very detailed and textured, for the price. In a general sense, sure, the bass is fine, for maybe $150. Highs are kinda veiled, far too veiled for my liking (I'm a treble-head). Soundstage was respectable, I guess, for a headphone like this. Don't get me wrong, if I was gifted these, I'd most certainly use them out and about and EQ to my taste, but it's kind of a stretch to pay retail price for this. And maybe if I didn't demo them with a warm player I'd think they were pretty good, but these don't pair with warm players for my taste.

And locking a thread like this is pretty...useless. It will only bring more "If I have an opinion that's completely opposite of what everyone else thinks I'll be shot down, this site is so stupid!" people. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but only if they can actually back it up with experience.

I agree with Region2, and basically none of the FOTMs here have really impressed me. M50's are meh, so are AD700s, Equation Audios (anyone remember them?), uDAC, etc. They're good products, and certainly worthy of their price, maybe even a bit above it, for the most part, but don't always deserve all the praise they get/got.

Again, all of this is imo, to MY ears. Feel free to disagree, but you don't have my hearing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back