Domino's Pizza changing its pizza
Jan 16, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #46 of 70
Ok, i tried the new Dominoes 2 days ago, and its spicier, but the crust was floppy and not crisp on the bottom at all, and it just wasnt good.

So, out of the craptastic fake pizzas out there, best to worst is....

1. Sbarros
2. Pizza Hut
3. Papa John's
3. GodFather's
4. Little Ceaser's
5. Dominoe's

If Dominoe's would fix their floppy crust, they would move up to number 2, but i hate the crust.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #48 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Papa John's
2. Pizza Hut
3. Sbarros
4. Domino's
5. Little Caeser's

FTFY

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #49 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tried it last night, it didn't seem that different. The cheese still has an annoying, mealy texture I think comes from freezing or some kind of anti-caking additive.

My personal experience with fast food pizza was a summer i worked as a doughmaster for Pizzahut. Terrible job. Everybody hates the dough guy. Nobody's met the dough guy, but everybody is certain that if there is too much or too little dough on hand, it's the dough guy's fault (even though the computer told him how much to make). If the dough sticks to the pans, it's obviously the dough guy's fault (even though the drivers who were present at closing were supposed to clean and grease the pans).

Anyhow, at pizzahut, the cheese is shredded at the factory and mixed with a small amount of corn starch to keep it from becoming a block of cheese again when they box it up.

I can vouch for the fact that pizzahut's cheese, at least in the early 90's, comes from Wisconsin and is 100% cheese (plus a little starch) - but I think they order a saltier mozzarella than you can get in a store.

At the hut, they do store the cheese in the 'freezer', but the freezer isn't so cold that things ice over. It's more like a really cold fridge.

I still haven't tried the new domino's pizza, and i probably won't, because i still lose my appetite at the very thought of buying anything from that chain ever again.

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #50 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, i tried the new Dominoes 2 days ago, and its spicier, but the crust was floppy and not crisp on the bottom at all, and it just wasnt good.

So, out of the craptastic fake pizzas out there, best to worst is....

1. Sbarros
2. Pizza Hut
3. Papa John's
3. GodFather's
4. Little Ceaser's
5. Dominoe's

If Dominoe's would fix their floppy crust, they would move up to number 2, but i hate the crust.

Really? I always liked Little Ceaser's back in the day when they used to have one in the k-mart I did some shopping at.

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #51 of 70
I honestly like Domino's and the one by my campus actually makes pretty decent pizza. When I order I'm not expecting world class food, it's just good, cheap fare. Yeah I could get better back home but $4.99 out the door for a large pepperoni is hard to beat for a college student. I like it better than Papa Johns and better than Boston's back home.

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #52 of 70
I worked at Papa John's all through college, and the hate here is disturbing. I ate that stuff like 4 or 5 nights a week. It was bad. Delicious, but bad. And yes, I did gain 15 pounds in college.

Anyways, its okay. The new pizza I mean. Still won't ever order it.

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #54 of 70
if i were you guys, i'd let the new recipe have a 2 month burn-in. the flavors and aromas will really open up.

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #57 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by etiolate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i were you guys, i'd let the new recipe have a 2 month burn-in. the flavors and aromas will really open up.

little known secret: some high end pizzas are specially frozen. they do this so that its 'oxygen free'. and the pizza ovens that are wired with high purity litz cable can really benefit from the OF pizzas.

lol
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #58 of 70
I had a lot of Domino's back in college due to their 555 deal. I'll have to try this just to see how it tastes.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #59 of 70
I have always hated Dominos, maybe this will change my mind.

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #60 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FTFY

Oh no, heck naw thats not fixed! Sbarros is the closest to real NY pizza compared to the other fake pizzas.
Also, you totally left out GodFathers from the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back