Domino's Pizza changing its pizza
Jan 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #32 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one of the great mysteries of life: how Domino's survives in NYC.

Price. Some of their coupons make a medium one topping for $7ish with tip. Perfect for college students like myself.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:45 PM Post #33 of 70
I just had the pizza over new years. There was an online coupon for 3 medium one topping pizzas, 2 bread sides, and a 2 liter of pop that ended up running my friends and I about $30 with tax and tip. I found it to be enjoyable the sauce now has a lot more flavor and crust has a very nice garlic butter coating. If the pricing stays the same I could definitely become a place I regularly visit.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #34 of 70
Domino's sucks, IMO. Papa Johns is way, way better.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #35 of 70
I tried it the other day and didn't really like it. I really, really like the new garlic crust, but the sauce killed it for me. It was too sweet and they put too much of it on the pizza I got. It has almost ruined me from Dominoes. I prefer Pizza Hut when it comes to pizza chains anyway, though.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #36 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing is, i agree completely with both of these statements, and i never order from PJs.

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #37 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree.

I actually think Domino's is the worst pizza I have ever eaten. My local supermarket stocks a frozen pizza I would rather eat.

It is dirt cheap though, which I like, so I guess it balances out.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #39 of 70
As long as there is a Papa Johns around, I will never order from Dominoes. It's not in the same league.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #40 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do believe it to be superior to all other popular pizza joints here. And I love the branding and the way its advertised. I'd go there just for that.

eh...no way buddy but depends what you want. If you want a mongrel of a pizza with 'what the?' toppings then yes, otherwise for chain stores, even Pizza Hut is better tbh.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #41 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eh...no way buddy but depends what you want. If you want a mongrel of a pizza with 'what the?' toppings then yes, otherwise for chain stores, even Pizza Hut is better tbh.

really? https://www.hellpizza.co.uk/ i know if they were available in edinburgh id certainly give them ago

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #42 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For all we know, it could be the best pizza ever! DUN DUN DUN...

in a pinch, its edible.

in my area, at least, they deliver VERY fast. I can call and place an order and in 20 minutes (no joke) they are at my door. not sure if they are cooking the pie while in transit (!) or what
wink.gif
but its very fast and they do an excelling job in delivery.

food is edible. not great but edible. with coupons its also not a bad price (would never pay full price, though; that's a ripoff).

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #43 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even Pizza Hut is better tbh.

strongly disagree!

today just had a pizza hut pizza. they are across the street from me and on the way home I fell for their $6.99 deep dish special. there was almost NO cheese on it. I think that's their new game. cheap out on the cheese. I used to love pizza hut when I was a kid (decades ago) but they are off my list, now. (aren't their pies mostly pre-made? not really fresh if you ask me).

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree.

I actually think Domino's is the worst pizza I have ever eaten. My local supermarket stocks a frozen pizza I would rather eat.

It is dirt cheap though, which I like, so I guess it balances out.

haha. reminds me of a woody allen joke:

"the food is terrible here!"
"I know! and the portions are so small!"

lol
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #45 of 70
I only have Dominos if I am babysitting and the kid wants to order. I had the new one the other day, and honestly I didn't even notice. It is edible but since I am in the NY/NJ area I am spoiled for amazing pizza, and Dominos is waaay down on the ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back