Domino's Pizza changing its pizza
Jan 3, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #16 of 70
The last time I saw a Domino's here was 9 years ago.

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #19 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't had a pizza from Hell yet. I never noticed their ads on tv till the other day. Is it really good?

I do believe it to be superior to all other popular pizza joints here. And I love the branding and the way its advertised. I'd go there just for that.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 70
I probably haven't had Domino's for over 20 years. We have a really good local pizza place near us. They also have 300 beers.

I'm allergic to dairy so I have to get my pizza without cheese and I don't imaging Domino's tastes good without cheese.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #21 of 70
I had it 2 weeks ago, not knowing their ad campaign.
first thing I've noticed carrying it out was boy that's a lot of garlic.
I like it. the sauce is less tangy but they may have overdid it with the herbs.
yes, I know NYC has some of the best pizza places in the world but how many
have a 5.99 deal?

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #22 of 70
I tried it last week and would have to say it was an amazing change. They went from an inedible cardboard disk to something that can compete with the finest $5 budget pizza chains.

Jan 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #24 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do believe it to be superior to all other popular pizza joints here. And I love the branding and the way its advertised. I'd go there just for that.

O__o

Well that's a good enough reason for me to try them this week. I'll just call 13 HELL

Jan 4, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #25 of 70
I always order Dominos simply because of the online ordering. It's convenient and you always have a good idea of when it will arrive. Plus, there's an unofficial program for the *NIX commandline that works with Dominos. I prefer "pizza_party -h -p -x -U (user) -P (pass) 1 large reg". I haven't used it in a couple years and I don't know if it still works, but...

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #27 of 70
one of the great mysteries of life: how Domino's survives in NYC.

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #28 of 70
It's rarely a winning tactic, when your competitor is crushing you under their heel, to attempt to mimic their product.

I don't like Papa John's because it's too sweet. I didn't like Domino's because it was terrible, but making it sweet won't convince me to like them, and probably won't win many customers away from PJs.

I have the resources and geography to order from an outstanding little place run by a guy who's parents immigrated from italy in the 60's. So the chains don't get much business from me.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #30 of 70
I've always thought Dominos Pizza was the worst around my area. I'd usually go with Pizza Hut or Papa Johns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back