Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
May 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,066 of 1,409
Quote:

My return on the W4S box has been a great one! I don't feel the need to upgrade, as it can afford me more time and enjoyment. Who doesn't like to save money? 
rolleyes.gif

evil_smiley.gif
 Audio addicts!

Each night before bedtime, I gather my strength and place lust out on the porch like a cat! And wake up with lust comfortably in bed... how does she do it?! 
confused.gif

I am starting to feel the same way SO....I love the DAC-2....

Here's an idea! If you'd be so kind to entertain the lust that's been shadowing me, while I slip out back 
smiley_thumb.gif
 and shop for DACs. What are friends for?! 

May 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #1,067 of 1,409
Quote:
Quote:

My return on the W4S box has been a great one! I don't feel the need to upgrade, as it can afford me more time and enjoyment. Who doesn't like to save money? 
rolleyes.gif

evil_smiley.gif
 Audio addicts!

Each night before bedtime, I gather my strength and place lust out on the porch like a cat! And wake up with lust comfortably in bed... how does she do it?! 
confused.gif

I am starting to feel the same way SO....I love the DAC-2....

Here's an idea! If you'd be so kind to entertain the lust that's been shadowing me, while I slip out back 
smiley_thumb.gif
 and shop for DACs. What are friends for?! 

Perfect.....Does lust have some nice DSD files to play with?

May 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #1,069 of 1,409
Well, tomorrow's the day I part with my DAC-2.  Thing is, I really don't want to be without my "shoebox", even for just a couple weeks.  While it's gone, I need to get some good DSD files.  Anyone with experience finding good ones?

I've got Random Access Memories coming Tuesday on vinyl.  Hopefully that'll get me through until my DAC-2 (DSD) gets back... I miss it already 
size]

May 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #1,071 of 1,409
Quote:
Well, tomorrow's the day I part with my DAC-2.  Thing is, I really don't want to be without my "shoebox", even for just a couple weeks.  While it's gone, I need to get some good DSD files.  Anyone with experience finding good ones?

I've got Random Access Memories coming Tuesday on vinyl.  Hopefully that'll get me through until my DAC-2 (DSD) gets back... I miss it already 
size]

I am really interested to hear your impressions of the upgrade.

May 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,072 of 1,409
Quote:
I am really interested to hear your impressions of the upgrade.

I'm anxious to hear DSD.  I'm afraid I won't have had enough time to get used to the sound of my newly balanced silky Q cable.

Quote:
Well... ... ... while it's gone you could chat with us here. 
biggrin.gif

I do that normally
wink.gif

May 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,073 of 1,409
It's gone.  I sent it back to its maker today.  It'll be there tomorrow.

There's a big gap on my stand and in my, now analog, heart.

May 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,076 of 1,409
Quote:
It's gone.  I sent it back to its maker today.  It'll be there tomorrow.

There's a big gap on my stand and in my, now analog, heart.

That Rega is lookin' pretty good right now...
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #1,077 of 1,409
Quote:
That Rega is lookin' pretty good right now...
biggrin.gif

I pre-ordered Random Access Memories so I'm expecting it tomorrow.  That'll keep the Rega and me busy for a while.  

I also I have Head-fi, and the search for DSD files, and also DSD software: Amarra Hifi isn't going to cut it.  Anyway, all that should be enough to keep me from getting depressed about my DAC-2 being gone.

May 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,078 of 1,409
Enjoy the new Daft Punk....It'll be a short wait.

May 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #1,079 of 1,409
DSD software: Amarra Hifi

Audirvana plus supports DSD  if you haven't tried it or don't hate it.  :wink:   They've got the Audirva 1.5 Beta out, (actually 1.4.9.9).   Given I don't like Amarra much, nor the JRiver for Mac, it's quite possible you don't / won't like Audirvana -- but it does play DSD.

May 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #1,080 of 1,409
Quote:

Audirvana plus supports DSD  if you haven't tried it or don't hate it.  :wink:   They've got the Audirva 1.5 Beta out, (actually 1.4.9.9).   Given I don't like Amarra much, nor the JRiver for Mac, it's quite possible you don't / won't like Audirvana -- but it does play DSD.

I'm not necessarily attached to Amarra.  I'll give Audirvana a look.  Thanks.

Quote:
Enjoy the new Daft Punk....It'll be a short wait.

Thanks.  I hear it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back