Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
May 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #1,081 of 1,409
Quote:
Enjoy the new Daft Punk....It'll be a short wait.

Is it me? Or does OPR8R's avatar looks as if it misidentified Clint yelling... "You're DAC is ready!"
dt880smile.png

Okay, bad joke - you know we only kiddin', OPR8R. 
ksc75smile.gif

May 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #1,082 of 1,409
Quote:

Is it me? Or does OPR8R's avatar looks as if it misidentified Clint yelling... "You're DAC is ready!"
dt880smile.png

Okay, bad joke - you know we only kiddin', OPR8R. 
ksc75smile.gif

Ha ha...  It's just the first day.  What kind of jokes are you going to pull next week?

May 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,084 of 1,409
Quote:
I would swear that OPR8R's avatar headphones look like hands.

Must give a wiiiiiiiiddee soundstage.

So, the guy in my avatar is a character from an manga/anime series (Soul Eater) named Justin Law.  I'm not a huge fan, but I thought he was funny because he always had earbuds on/in, and could never hear a word anyone said.  Imagine a tense moment with a bad guy who has just monologed about how he is going to destroy the world, only to have to good guy reply, "Eh?"  My avatar is essentially him in one of those "Eh?" moments.

May 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #1,086 of 1,409
Quote:
Any thoughts on the W4S DAC-2 DSDse? 

I haven't seen that anyone here has one yet.  I sent mine in to upgrade it to DSD but it won't be back for another week or so.

May 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,088 of 1,409
There are two upgrade levels....The SE is pricey....The other one gets the upgraded USB and DSD support for $350.

May 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #1,091 of 1,409
Quote:
Yeah,  I've noticed.  I'm interested to see if the se is a step up in SQ in some way.  Also, if anyone is using or have used the I2S input and can share their impressions.

I am right there with you. Interesting to see how the SE can compare to say the NAD51 or the PSAudio PW2 (Since the street price is similar). Did they get the USB updated to a level that is respected by the community.

Meanwhile, I still am very happy with my DAC-2...
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #1,092 of 1,409
Quote:

I am right there with you. Interesting to see how the SE can compare to say the NAD51 or the PSAudio PW2 (Since the street price is similar). Did they get the USB updated to a level that is respected by the community.

biggrin.gif

Yeah, last time I checked (18 months ago appx), Coax-in still sounded better than USB @ 44.1 kHz. Hope that the boys improved the USB interface. I still want to do I2S input at some point, though...

May 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,093 of 1,409
Quote:
 Yeah, last time I checked (18 months ago appx), Coax-in still sounded better than USB @ 44.1 kHz. Hope that the boys improved the USB interface. I still want to do I2S input at some point, though...

This is one of the reasons I'm interested in this DAC.  Not many out there with I2S inputs "That I know of"  I have two of them thus far.  Being as though this has the Saber chip and DSD made me even more interested.

May 27, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,094 of 1,409
Quote:

biggrin.gif

What input do you use?  Can you give me a few impressions? 
L3000.gif

May 27, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #1,095 of 1,409
Wyred4Sound uses Balanced layout for their I2S implementation - not just any I2S output from source will work. One must confirm and/or send their source in to W4S and get it modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back