Do you still use a portable CD Player??
Feb 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #33 of 65
i gave it to my grandmother..she listens to her fav CDs on it.

Sony Discman...had bought it 4 years back..still in great condition.

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #35 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do. Recently I purchased an old stock of Panasonic SL-CT700 from a camera shop. That PCDP probably has been sitting there in their cabinet for 3-4 years. I bargained with them for a dirt cheap price of $35 (considering the unit is pretty much still mint/unused). So when I am at home I will grab the PCDP and use the optical out to my DAC+Amp and the sound is as good as can be expected from a CD rig. But they stay at home for sure because my H120 optical out is still more portable.

I had a SL-CT700 but it didn't have a optical out. That might be US only. The one I had was quite poor via the headphone out. Its the player that led me to seek out better SQ and Head Fi. Theres a lot of bad PCDP out there too.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #36 of 65
I still have my trusty Rio Volt SP250
smily_headphones1.gif

2lbmekk.jpg

Mar 6, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #38 of 65
I use my phillips cdp ocassionally, hoping to better my listening experiece but return to my protables the next day. I still like it, perhaps because of the geek inside me. Additionally, I still invest in CDs and it is more convenient to listen to them straight from the cdp before ripping them with EAC.

Mar 6, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #40 of 65
give up long time ago!

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #42 of 65
No, and I have never owned one.
Had several compact cassette players back in the mid/late -80's (Sony Walkman, Aiwa with Auto Reverse, ...), then were without a portable player until 2003 when I bought my first DAC (3G iPod).

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #43 of 65
I use an Old Sony D-2, circa 1989, in my garage connected to a pair of Bose (yes bose) Lifestyle self-powered speakers. Great little setup when washing the car......etc. I've got two of these if anyone is interested in buying one.

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #45 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerotec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I grabbed a load of CDs at our local Woolworths (99 year old retail chain in the UK that went bust and finally closed up today
frown.gif
) and want to chill out and listen to them but can't be bothered ripping them just now. And want to be in a different room to the home CD Player.

So apart from using my laptop I am actually thinking of being retro and picking up a cheap portable CD player on eBay!

Does anyone here still use them? How do you rate the player you have and which model is it?

I am using my Sony Discman + Grado SR60 = sounds great
beerchug.gif

16155d1239956198-how-many-headfiers-simply-uses-grado-sr60-portable-discman-dsc01177.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back