Do you sleep with your headphones?
Oct 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #17 of 66
I do that all the time in my cockpit. cobra Daytona seat built for racing
smily_headphones1.gif
. It surrounds you so you can´t move so it´s like a womb really. Like your mother hugging you to sleep while listening to music. Great way to listen to music or watch movies or anything highly recommended. You can´t really roll over enough to damage anything since you can only move your neck and head. It´s a recliner so I can lean it way back if I wanted to.

Oct 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #20 of 66
Unfortunately, sometimes yes. And when I wake up, I find my precious iPod on the hard floor. -___- '

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #22 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steely Dan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a Zappa song.

Its from the Lather LP - side 10. Unfortunately, side 10 was subsequently wiped on groups of taste, and now the 5lp boxset has only 9 recorded sides.
icon10.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #23 of 66
Agree with Quinto on the PK3....I fall asleep with them in my ears almost every night. That said, I mainly listen to audiobooks when falling asleep, so when I turn on my side I lose nothing if remove the bud from the "pillow-side" ear (most of my audiobooks are mono downloads from audible.com, so nothing is lost when listening with one ear).

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #24 of 66
I do it now with my Ultrasones, ideal for head on the pillow listening. I make sure the CD player is set to one disc though, left it on all discs once and my ears and head were ringing when I woke up.

Not sure how a sleeping brain deals with music but it was a nasty sensation I never want to repeat.

Oct 8, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #25 of 66
I find that I tend to unintentionally fall asleep with my headphones on... but usually would wake up upon realizing that my head was attached to something other than my neck
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #26 of 66
No, I do not sleep with headphones. Women on the other hand...
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #27 of 66
lol, I love a lot of these responses. I'm surprised no one popped up the picture of the 770 with the gel pads.

If I'm laying down on the couch, I can sleep with the 770 on, but only for a short period of time before I wake up. In bed, the iBuds seem to be the only thing that works since I sleep in the most awkward positions. I really just don't wanna risk pulling on the cord of the 770 in bed since I can't at the moment afford to replace the cord.

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #28 of 66
I've never fallen asleep to music except for those binaural beat and ambient noise recordings. When I was 13ish I used to listen to that a lot before sleeping, and after the recording ended, I'd wake up for a moment to take off the headphones and go back to sleep, and I never damaged my $30 JVC's.

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #30 of 66
hd495, hd580, pk1, ad900, k702
and i think most of the guys have slept with their headphones on, at least once

Users who are viewing this thread

Back