Do you secretly respect Beats?
Mar 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #167 of 338
Sure, I secretly respect Beats the same way I secretly respect politicians and people who club fur seals for fun and profit. Monster can make decent IEMs, but the Beats are just a fashion accessory - go in and audition a pair at an Apple store. Early, before anyone sees you. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #168 of 338
Sure, I secretly respect Beats the same way I secretly respect politicians and people who club fur seals for fun and profit. Monster can make decent IEMs, but the Beats are just a fashion accessory - go in and audition a pair at an Apple store. Early, before anyone sees you. 

Yeh a fashion accessory is what they are, to be worn round the neck and feel good about yourselves, I know loads of people in my school who wear them but no one seems to ever be listening them....:

Oh and most I see are fake

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #169 of 338
Yeh a fashion accessory is what they are, to be worn round the neck and feel good about yourselves, I know loads of people in my school who wear them but no one seems to ever be listening them....:
Oh and most I see are fake

At my school about 50% of the people that have beats (which is a very large population because everyone here is rich) wear beats around the neck while the other 50% have them over the ears. Are they listening to music? Who knows, maybe it's just something to block all the even poorer quality music being blasted out of iBuds while looking fashionable.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #170 of 338

Quote:
At my school about 50% of the people that have beats (which is a very large population because everyone here is rich) wear beats around the neck while the other 50% have them over the ears. Are they listening to music? Who knows, maybe it's just something to block all the even poorer quality music being blasted out of iBuds while looking fashionable.

To the last bit about are they listening to music. Funny story we was piss taking a kid think he was listening to music as the beats were over his ears and then it turned out he was not and he had a go at us, so by the looks things so reckon their are only 20% who own and listen. Wont be long to a beats range that do not actually play music :p

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #171 of 338
To the last bit about are they listening to music. Funny story we was piss taking a kid think he was listening to music as the beats were over his ears and then it turned out he was not and he had a go at us, so by the looks things so reckon their are only 20% who own and listen. Wont be long to a beats range that do not actually play music :p

that's pretty funny xP
I wonder if people would notice if Dre stopped putting drivers in Beats.

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #172 of 338
that's pretty funny xP
I wonder if people would notice if Dre stopped putting drivers in Beats.

Well dre had nothing to do with the headphones let alone install the drivers :p but I get what you mean! If they did it woul take it to be on the news for some people to go an check if theirs play music!

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #173 of 338
I respect the marketing team behind the brand; but I scorn the brand it's self for selling such shlop to people.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #175 of 338
At the end of the day, a large majority of Beats owners buy them as a fashion accessory. They're overpriced for what they are, but isn't most fashionable stuff. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #176 of 338
they all have their talk with each other with their beats headphones.

i respect that as much as i talk about my headphones with everyone with a computer thats logged to Headfi.org

but if they get me involved and joke my equipment, oh i hope they still have their warranty receipts

angry_face.gif
kidding, but i will still get very offended

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #177 of 338
Quote:
I respect the marketing team behind the brand; but I scorn the brand it's self for selling such shlop to people.

That's exactly what I had in mind. I like the way that it's been hyped and marketed to people who are no more than sheep (same goes for many Apple products/fans), so when these people decide to go for better, higher-quality headphones from other brands, they will start going online looking at reviews, stopping at head-fi, asking for recommendations, this and that, it opens the world of better headphone audio to them. Fact, Monster is the one charging everyone so much for their cables and headphones, not Beat's, Beat's is just a trademarked name by Dre but the patents are held by Monster as they are the one's marketing and selling them at the rip off prices they are today and I'm sure Dre don't mind some of those royalties as well.

People shouldn't scorn or get angry at the Beat's line of headphones, con's aside, be thankful they are drawing so much attention and customers, this has given other reputable manufacturers to come up with their own, well developed non-rip high quality competing products. Giving us consumers the choice to choose many, rather than be forced to buy 1 kind of product.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #180 of 338
We all know beats sound terrible and have terrible build quality but I think every manufacturer in the world loves what beats have done, they've opened up the world of headphones to many people who thought the headphone/earphone world ends with ibuds and what comes with your dap. Once they break or people mature etc they will come looking for more and find a world of choices, so in that way I do really respect Beats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back