DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Jan 10, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #4,111 of 4,422
Jan 11, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #4,113 of 4,422
Jan 11, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #4,116 of 4,422
Thanks! @smodtactical and @Akiravelvet

Absolutely wonderful Amp, been listening all day on stock tubes, they are creamy and fluid like I remembered from my short demo. so far happy with the purchase.

I will post more impressions when I tube roll
Nice! My fav so far is EmL solid plates for neutrality and Psvane acme for topend clarity and detail with very tight bass. Finally getting a pair of acmes as the last had a small annoyance. Luckily you can buy them on Amazon with very easy returns I believe. Verdant audio has the cheapest EmL tubes I have found.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #4,117 of 4,422
Congrats! Donald sent me a Stratus for home demo and I was lucky enough to have it here for more than a month. What an amazing amplifier!
Stellaris w/ upgraded stepped attenuator ordered in August - ETA June 🙃

Jan 11, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #4,118 of 4,422
Nice! My fav so far is EmL solid plates for neutrality and Psvane acme for topend clarity and detail with very tight bass. Finally getting a pair of acmes as the last had a small annoyance. Luckily you can buy them on Amazon with very easy returns I believe. Verdant audio has the cheapest EmL tubes I have found.

That's good to hear that the Acme 2A3's are available on Amazon. I had purchased a pair from a vendor based in China and man, that was a mistake. One of the tubes was defective and shipping back to China was extremely expensive. It also took forever to get the refund. Amazon is more expensive than the vendor I used, but it's worth the peace of mind that I could return directly to them with less hassle if needed.

I was really happy with the Acme but I might try out a pair of those EML at some point too. Thanks for posting your impressions.

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:04 AM Post #4,119 of 4,422
Mar 3, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #4,120 of 4,422
Just scooped up this Stratus today. Having a blast rediscovering a ton of music.

Appreciate any thoughts on smart, good value tube upgrades. Specially interested in anything that would give more and firmer bass and/or improve performance with planers.

Shout out to @prtuc2 for driving all the way from Brooklyn to Jersey City to deliver the amp to my house — less then four hours after I agreed to buy it.

Mar 3, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #4,121 of 4,422
Just scooped up this Stratus today. Having a blast rediscovering a ton of music.

Appreciate any thoughts on smart, good value tube upgrades. Specially interested in anything that would give more and firmer bass and/or improve performance with planers.

Shout out to @prtuc2 for driving all the way from Brooklyn to Jersey City to deliver the amp to my house — less then four hours after I agreed to buy it.
Congratulations! On the 2A3, I would vote black bottles NOS KeNRAD made by RCA! Very affordable and amazing performances

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #4,122 of 4,422

My favorite are the EML solid plates and a U52 rectifier

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #4,123 of 4,422

Congrats bro! My wallet will get to live another day thanks to you good sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back