DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
Dec 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,291 of 4,456
Never heard the wa5 but stratus costs far less so if they are close in performance it is no brainer. Also, I have heard the stratus a/ hd800 at meet and the BHse with sr007 (not sure if mk 1 or 2). And those sounded close!!!! I emphasize thAt it wAz a meet so all disclaimers Apply.

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,292 of 4,456
Frank I i believe has heard both of them , maybe pm him and ask him about them?

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #1,293 of 4,456
I have heard the WA5 at a number of meets and actually planned to buy it before I heard about the Stratus. Once I heard the Stratus and tested it with different phones, I knew that was the amp for me. The combination of sound, size, price, and flexibility got me. The truth is both amps are great in their own way and are more similar then different. The bottom line is I love my Stratus and have zero regrets about my purchase.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #1,294 of 4,456

Fun weekend ahead, congrats!!

Looks like the package got delayed and the Stratus is now scheduled for delivery on Monday. Probably the winter system moving through the midwest. No biggie though, I am right now listening to Donald's original Sonett with my HD800 and I am loving it! i am dumbfounded that there isn't more traffic on the Sonett 2 thread. Frankly, I believe that the original Sonett is an amazing match with the HD800, and the only reason it isn't on the SumitFI threads is its price. Too bad. OK, off my soap box. I am really looking forward to hearing the Stratus in my system with my music. Donald's work is great. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,295 of 4,456
i just an email from Donald that my local FecEx shop is holding my package! I am picking it up as soon as I can -- def this weekend! THANKS Donald for the heads up! I would not have bothered if you have not emiled me since the ETA on FedEx site said Monday, when i checked this AM EST. This weekend is gonna be great!  

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #1,296 of 4,456
i just an email from Donald that my local FecEx shop is holding my package! I am picking it up as soon as I can -- def this weekend! THANKS Donald for the heads up! I would not have bothered if you have not emiled me since the ETA on FedEx site said Monday, when i checked this AM EST. This weekend is gonna be great!  

Awesome!! Pls post pics!!

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #1,297 of 4,456
Whoa.... So I got a Stratus early this year... I loved it. It was my favorite amp. By far.

I've listened to everything on it and fell in love with it from the start.

Then yesterday happened...

I got Sony MDR-R10 pair #0153 yesterday and these things have righteously blown my friggin mind.

My set-up is...MacbookProRetina=>Audirvana=>PSAudio PW MKII=>Anticable l.4 interconnects=>DNA Stratus=>MDR-R10

Every song I have is ripped or from HDtracks...and the sound is simply amazing.

The headphones i have currently are the W3000ANV, DX1000, D7000 and the HE-6...haha yes I live closed headphones, and No I have never owned the TH900 or any Audezes

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #1,300 of 4,456
so whats the wait time on the stratus now?

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #1,301 of 4,456

very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #1,302 of 4,456

What's keeping you from ordering the Stratus now? It is not like you are in a hurry to get an amp since you have the GSX MkII at the moment :wink:

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,305 of 4,456
What's keeping you from ordering the Stratus now? It is not like you are in a hurry to get an amp since you have the GSX MkII at the moment
wink.gif

i hate waiting. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back