DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions
May 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #811 of 4,464
We had both the HE500 and the LCD3 on the Stratus a few months ago, and IMO the Audeze was the winner hands down. Similarly, the Stratus brings out the significant gap between the LCD2.2 and LCD3 very clearly.

All IMO of course.

May 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #812 of 4,464
I'm surprised no one has tried to compare the Stratus with Eddie Current 2A3 !
Same price range and same output tubes...
And the EC is available in black 
bigsmile_face.gif
 (sorry Donald, but I don't like the blue! It's just my opinion, and it's not going with my other devices !)

May 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #813 of 4,464
Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif
 (sorry Donald, but I don't like the blue! It's just my opinion, and it's not going with my other devices !)

Come to the LA meet on July 20 and you will be able to compare for yourself
wink_face.gif

May 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #814 of 4,464
Quote:
Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif

Come to the LA meet on July 20 and you will be able to compare for yourself
wink_face.gif

I realy like to come, but from France, it's a little far away !

For the travel price, I get a pair of nice 2A3 tubes 
wink_face.gif

May 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #815 of 4,464
Holy crap, the Stratus made my LCD-3's come alive! Initial impressions of this amp are very very favorable!

May 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #817 of 4,464
Actually I've installed Sophia Electric Princess tubes from the get go. Maybe I'll check out the EML's, but for now I'm very happy.

May 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #821 of 4,464
@Third_Eye yes the HD-800's are smooth as silk. This amp is beautiful.

May 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #823 of 4,464
Quote:
The HE500's came in yesterday and I must say, they sound quite amazing! Nice big surprise was that the comfort is not bad at all, a little heavy but well distributed on my head without the clamp I was expecting. 

I love the HE500's! I used to own a pair but returned them after I broke the screw on connector. I was so pissed that I just sent them back altogether, but I may have to get another pair. They sound pretty fantastic and imagine they would be magical with the Stratus.

May 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #824 of 4,464
Quote:
The HE500's came in yesterday and I must say, they sound quite amazing! Nice big surprise was that the comfort is not bad at all, a little heavy but well distributed on my head without the clamp I was expecting. 

The hE500 is super. I would kept them if I did not own the hd800 and ended up buying the LCD 2.2 . I do love those headphones. Another headphone I am really liking is the Beyer T90 that is in here for a review. This is really like a T1 for half the price.

May 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #825 of 4,464
Quote:
 I am really liking is the Beyer T90 that is in here for a review. This is really like a T1 for half the price.

No Frank - Just No..  

Just kidding,.  However, I did not like the T70 at all.  Way to bright, thin and shrill sounding.  Nothing like the T1.  

Can't wait to read your impressions on the T90..
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back