DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Nov 15, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #661 of 678
I assume that the reasons there are so few custom themes for the X3 II is 1, because it is much newer and 2, the UI was probably a huge amount better on the X3 II in the first place compared to the original X3.

Nov 16, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #662 of 678
Sadly it appears as if I won't be able to use McDowns files as anything other than reference since the only version of illustrator at my disposal is cs4 and they are not compatible.

Will do my best anyway and see what I can come up with. My biggest problem will be knowing what goes where and at what sizes but that would have happened either way.

(Edit: It appears a good thing I've got time and irregular sleep patterns, that's a metric ass ton of icons)

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #663 of 678
Sadly it appears as if I won't be able to use McDowns files as anything other than reference since the only version of illustrator at my disposal is cs4 and they are not compatible.

Will do my best anyway and see what I can come up with. My biggest problem will be knowing what goes where and at what sizes but that would have happened either way.

(Edit: It appears a good thing I've got time and irregular sleep patterns, that's a metric ass ton of icons)

No problem, here's a CS4 file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/of9q2fnrmig85f2/first%20play_v3_cs4.zip?dl=0

I also use very handy utility liteGUI that allows you to test firmware without flashing it to the device every time. Although I'm not sure it's compatible with X3 II.
You can get it here

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #667 of 678
@McDown you are the man! I used the orange mod since you published some time ago and I must say, this is very nice blue version.

Thank you very much for your support and for your great work !!!

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #668 of 678
Well... It appears i won't be doing any modding for the themes since my computer decided that it didn't like me... or something.

For some reason it refuses to unpack the firmware correctly and instead of a 46mb folder i get about 2mb and it only contains the ".ini"-files and the fonts.
have tried erasing all files, re-downloading (both fw and tools) and unpacking again but to no avail. It just hates me apparently.

So it seems I shall have to sit here and twiddle my thumbs until someone who can get the bloody thing working does what I have failed to do.

Sorry.

Also thanks again to McDown for the files and the litegui but it wouldn't work with the X3ii.

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #670 of 678
Hello! is there a firmware unpacking tool that work on Linux?

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #671 of 678
Hello! I was wondering if there is a firmware unpacking tool that's compatible with Linux? I would appreciate it very much!

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #673 of 678
Thanks. I was Trying to avoid that option, I have very little RAM (2gb) on a old laptop and virtual machines tend to use more RAM then what I can offer but I had an extra HDD in which I installed Windows 10 and it works acceptably okay. Thank you!

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #674 of 678
Got a PM the other day asking about my latest firmware. Wasn't even sure if I uploaded the latest revision.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v6lwgvexbt8a7h/x3_final.zip?dl=0

Probably the only changes are tweaks here and there, but its been a while and I can't even remember myself
wink.gif

May 31, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #675 of 678
  Got a PM the other day asking about my latest firmware. Wasn't even sure if I uploaded the latest revision.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v6lwgvexbt8a7h/x3_final.zip?dl=0

Probably the only changes are tweaks here and there, but its been a while and I can't even remember myself
wink.gif

Thank you very much for this update! I use your old version from feb 2015 and the theme 4 (the red with honeycomb style in background) is my favorite. The new theme 1 is also interesting, I have already took some items from it to merge it with theme 4 (the update animation).
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back