DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Oct 28, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #648 of 678

Sandman, I've ben using this theme for a very long time and can't use any other. Could you be so kind to do it for the new FW3.4? Would be awesome.

Assuming Sandman wouldn't mind, all you need to do is unpack the firmware and replace the bin file with the newest version. Nothing fundamental (or otherwise
rolleyes.gif
) has changed.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #655 of 678
Dug out and dusted off my old PC-laptop recently since there is no port for mac for the unpack tools (considering doing a WINE-packaging but it seems to much of a hassle), because I really need to get some modding done on my X3 gen2. I love how it sounds, especially together with my V-moda XS, but the screen is tiny and the contrast in the default themes honestly leave much to be desired.

Any tips before i dive in and possibly brick it?

(One idea I've got is basically an inverted Ipod Classic clone since I used my old faithful for several years and could operate it in my sleep with only half an eye open)

Also looking for any high contrast black/orange, large font theme for use in bad lighting - simplicity is key.

Nov 14, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #656 of 678
Dug out and dusted off my old PC-laptop recently since there is no port for mac for the unpack tools (considering doing a WINE-packaging but it seems to much of a hassle), because I really need to get some modding done on my X3 gen2. I love how it sounds, especially together with my V-moda XS, but the screen is tiny and the contrast in the default themes honestly leave much to be desired.

Any tips before i dive in and possibly brick it?

(One idea I've got is basically an inverted Ipod Classic clone since I used my old faithful for several years and could operate it in my sleep with only half an eye open)

Also looking for any high contrast black/orange, large font theme for use in bad lighting - simplicity is key.

Make a McDown theme clone. (Look a few posts up). It would look great on my gen 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back