DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
May 27, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #632 of 678
Hi again . I download the 3.34 beta. I've noticed that some albums only show in the album search and some only appear in the external storage SD card as oppose to finding them in the artist menu . can you help ?.thanks

Jun 7, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #638 of 678
http://www.head-fi.org/t/764722/latest-instructions-for-x-player-firmware-diying

You can find the latest instructions and downloads there :)

:beerchug:
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 6, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #640 of 678
As a brand new member who bought his X3 II a couple of hours ago, still haven't received it and is already thinking of modding it I am just going to throw myself into the fray and hope my post doesn't get modded away.

I read roughly 25 of the 40...ish pages and did not find whether or not porting an existing X3 (or X5) theme to the X3 II is easy or even possible, I am also wondering if there is anyone here that would take a commission(?) for a theme since I already have an idea but neither the time or indeed the computer to do it (I do have the graphical skills though).

If both questions are way off the chart (or off topic) could someone please point me in the right direction? I'm still standing in the hall wondering "what is this place?".

Thanks in advance.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #641 of 678
Only have a gen1, but I have poked around in some of the gen2 fw. It'd be possible to adapt one, but it'd be a fair bit of work. The resolution of the images, and coordinates are different due to the differing aspect ratios of the screens. There will be some menus that are very different between the generations because of the changes in functionality.

Honestly it'd be far easier to go the other way round because the gen1 fw is just simpler (one of my themes is a port of one originally done for the x5).

Of course the easiest way to find out is to unpack both and poke around. Check out the other threads for modding advice (I know there is one for the x5-2) too.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #642 of 678
Am I completely blind or are there absolutely zero mods for the X3-2nd generation? I see plenty for the first generation and plenty for the X1 and the X5-II but X3-II has none. If anyone knows of any, please let me know. Thanks

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #644 of 678

Flatout pack

Comes in 3 color variations: Red, Green and Blue
Themes 1, 2 and 3 use the diagonal menu (1st image of individual theme previews).
Themes 4, 5 and 6 use the rectangular menu (2nd image of individual theme previews).
Based on FW3.34b.

References and Inspirations:
  • Layout for themes 1, 2 and 3 was inspired by menus in the Cowon iAudio 9 [link]
  • Layout for themes 4, 5 and 6 was inspired by Sergio88's X3 theme pack [link]
  • Boot animation was inspired by TCD1975's X1 theme pack [link]
  • Icons were mostly taken from Google's Material Design pack [link]
    Some icons were also taken from Templarian's Material Design pack [link]

Available for download here

[N.B. Themes have only been tested with the language set to English]

Sandman, I've ben using this theme for a very long time and can't use any other. Could you be so kind to do it for the new FW3.4? Would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back